*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/872666-Book-to-Movie
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2058371
Musings on anything.
#872666 added February 4, 2016 at 11:57pm
Restrictions: None
Book to Movie
         I'm reading a novel that I can see being made into a movie. I can see the main characters, an old man and his late wife's ghost, being played by Clu Gulager and Ellen Burstyn. Of course, most of the story is a flashback to their younger lives. Clu and Ellen and appeared opposite each other back in the 70's. They could pull it off.

         Now when I was thinking of actors for the younger roles, I thought of Keanu Reeves or Matthew McConaughy. Then I thought they might both be too tall, but what would it matter? They wouldn't be on screen the same time as the older version. Then I realized they might be younger to me, but they're too old to play the young role. So I can't even guess about the young woman.

         Writing the screen play might be difficult. The book is in first person singular. Writers have to decipher this stuff, even when it's not their job. You could do a voice over--let him speak his silent thoughts or work it into the conversation with the ghost. He used to have a beautiful voice. If it's still holding up, I think I'd go with him reading the parts.

         If only directors and producers were open to suggestions.

© Copyright 2016 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/872666-Book-to-Movie