*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/872916-Wind-Of-Change
Rated: GC · Book · Writing · #2027294
Created for the Soundtrackers Challenges
#872916 added February 7, 2016 at 3:32pm
Restrictions: None
Wind Of Change


Alright! After much searching and looking and listening, I decided this is the song for me to end the One Hit Wonders obsession. *Laugh*

I've listened to this song what feels like a long time ago. A German band, go figure, but I've never much paid attention to the actual video. Sad. So many years have passed since they sang about the change in the world, a better future, a place for the younger generation to have more safety. And while technology has advanced in so many ways and directions, the world had stayed the same. We didn't get smarter, we didn't improve, hell, we learned nothing! We still fight the same wars, we still have the same issues and no one will ever change that. It's like a predictable cycle. A rerun of bad decisions and stupid people with lack of their own vision.

Those who do stand up with a vision for a better future, they either lose track of it along the way or are hindered by something or someone and the world seems to be standing still. Nothing will change. We are not capable of good change. We are good at destroying things and being selfish, rather satisfying our own needs than trying to find the good which will benefit everyone.

One person can change the world? How's that working for us so far? *Think*

*Meh* Too serious of a subject on a Sunday afternoon. I'm looking forward to the next week and new theme to see what Beth has decided to torture us with. *Bigsmile*




© Copyright 2016 Gaby ~ Quiet contemplation (UN: geja8856 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Gaby ~ Quiet contemplation has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/872916-Wind-Of-Change