*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873544-International-Harvester
Rated: GC · Book · Writing · #2027294
Created for the Soundtrackers Challenges
#873544 added February 12, 2016 at 11:00pm
Restrictions: None
International Harvester
I'm beat! Could be this weather. Whatever. Two more days of work doesn't sound too appealing either. *Rolleyes* Someone's gotta do it I guess. Might as well be me. I can't even sell a quarter of a cow, while they sell the rest of it at the slaughter house. Maybe I'm not even trying. Um, let me rephrase that. I'm so not trying. I'm reviewing while at work. *Laugh* *Facepalm* Hey, whatever get's the job done. And then Sunday is Valentine's Day. Not that I really care. *Think*

Choice of song today... I honestly haven't even thought of it. But I did think about last year's Soundtrackers and how I slacked off for a day and that was the end of me and my blogging. Kind of surprising that I'm still in it to win it, so to speak. I mean, I'm actually up for it still! *Laugh* No offense to Beth. My mood has nothing to do with her or her activity. When I jump ship it's always my fault, no one else's. So to see me still chuggin' along is rather surprising. *Bigsmile*

And now I know my guilty pleasure for today! *Delight*


Craig Morgan - International Harvester
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePjFAZKWKVo


I've never watched the video but I've heard this song way too many times. *Rolling*

When we lived in Sedalia, both hubby and I went back and forth to St. Louis on the weekends. Not every weekend, but off and on. That's back when I had three day weekends and hated my boss. Anyway, highway 70 would have been the closest highway to us, but we took the scenic route on state route 50. You know, two way road with only one lane on each side. I loved taking that road! God, how many times I got stuck behind a tractor driver just chugging along. Didn't mind it one bit though. The ride had always been relaxing. I miss it.

On one of those rides, we drove together, I almost hit a lady in an electric wheelchair. The road curved quite a lot and I took a curve just to see a lady getting her mail. She saw me! She looked and there she went speeding 2mph to cross the street, while I drove 60mph. *Rolleyes* I have no idea what she was thinking but she reached the other side of the road, my side mind you, just before I zoomed by. *CarW* Yeah, I drive a Mazda. *Wink* Zoom, zoom, zoom...

The song always makes me think of that road, and sometimes of that crazy old lady with a death wish.



© Copyright 2016 Gaby ~ Quiet contemplation (UN: geja8856 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Gaby ~ Quiet contemplation has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873544-International-Harvester