*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873275-Shall-We-Dance
Rated: GC · Book · Writing · #2027294
Created for the Soundtrackers Challenges
#873275 added February 11, 2016 at 1:31pm
Restrictions: None
Shall We Dance


I'm unclear when it comes to the original singer of this song, but it's a beautiful song nevertheless. Especially the Julie Andrews version. There was also a clip of Yul Brynner and Deborah Kerr which was even a more beautiful version of the song.

The movie itself is my guilty pleasure, but I chose it today, because today marks what would have been my mom's 61st birthday. She loved the movies, dancing and music, and Richard Gere. She always said that dad resembled him, although he looked more like James Dean in his younger years, and married him because of that. *Bigsmile*

I got a whiff of her perfume this morning when I walked into the bathroom. A split second, but it was there...

She was always so proud of me and my writing. She never saw the bad in life, or in my poems, and many of my poems made her cry. I guess they were close to her heart. Mom always loved the sob stories when it came to movies, so why not poetry, right?

I don't think this will ever be easy to write - to write about her.

That woman was so full of life, restricted only by her own family who never let her have a normal life. There was always something they needed, required. Music and dance filled her life and so, they filled my life. We've jammed in the car together, in our old and rusty Beretta, cruising down the road, smoking, enjoying life. Ah, good memories. We've had parties which lasted until the morning hours with only me and her dancing and singing. How I miss those times.

On my way to work an old friend from Germany sent me a message, an invitation really, to her wedding. Today, of all days. Mom always loved her and she loved mom. Franciska always said she wished she had parents like mine. I didn't mind sharing. They adored her.

Then there was this feeling... So strange. I felt that, all of a sudden, I knew that everything will fall into place and everything will be alright. It felt good. Perhaps I'm just imagining things. Then again, I don't experience such big change on a regular basis. I just wish she were here to share everything with her. Maybe she already knows them already.

And so, on this particular day I ask, "Shall we dance, mom?" *Kiss* *Heart*





© Copyright 2016 Gaby ~ Quiet contemplation (UN: geja8856 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Gaby ~ Quiet contemplation has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873275-Shall-We-Dance