*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873804-Things-Im-not-fond-OF
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#873804 added February 15, 2016 at 1:38pm
Restrictions: None
Things I'm not fond OF!
*Wind* This was done for Reeling in your readers character *Snow1*







PROMPT: It is said that absence makes the heart grow fonder. Do you believe this to be true? Other than people, what is something you have done without for an extended period of time...for so long that it felt like it was beginning to hurt?


It is said that absence makes the heart grow fonder. Do you believe this to be true? No! Absence makes the person who is waiting become more self sufficient. You may hope the absent loved one will return but you still have to get along without them so you move on. An example is the people left behind when soldiers go to war. The relatives are always glad if they return. Sometimes the soldier is not so happy with the self-sufficient abilities the loved ones have acquired when they return. *CountryUS*

Other than people, what is something you have done without for an extended period of time...for so long that it felt like it was beginning to hurt?

Usually money. Only enough to pay just the bills can be socially and economically evil. One time I bought coats and boots for my family. There was not any money left for me. I bought a second hand pair of ankle boots at a yard sale for one dollar. They leaked. But, I wore them for two years in rain or snow no matter how deep the snow drifts. My feet were always wet and cold. I survived. It made me believe, “Whatever does not kill you makes you stronger.”

Now I buy Muck Boots every 3 years or so. They reach to my knees. They are insulated. My feet are never cold or wet. I think of those poor second hand boots every now and then. I should have had them bronzed.*Laugh*

It also makes me want to buy odd things for other people like truck loads of tennis shoes for all the misplaced people in camps around the world. Still not enough money to do it. *Headbang*













apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873804-Things-Im-not-fond-OF