*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/874945-Could-you-be-loved
Rated: GC · Book · Writing · #2027294
Created for the Soundtrackers Challenges
#874945 added February 25, 2016 at 4:50pm
Restrictions: None
Could you be loved

Bob Marley - Could you be loved
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm7muPjevik


My generation grew up listening to reggae. Bob Marley's music droned on in the bar we hung out at on a regular basis. Weekend's, his music could be heard in every place we went to. This song, luckily, doesn't carry bad memories with it. I'm really disliking this week and the emotional aspect of writing about things which were painful. Mostly, because the last thing I want to do is cry my eyes out while at work and then someone walking in at that particular moment.

So, how about a good memory? *Think*

Not too long ago I wrote about that one Italian guy who ended up killing himself? Well, we really did have some good times together. I mean, when I met him, it was the most interesting time of my life as a teenager. My friends and I hung out with guys a lot. We were all buddies and outside that little bar, we had our separate lives. None of us hung out 24/7 with each other, but in that bar, it was us. Us against the world, talking, discussing, joking, drinking, having a great time, but most of all, we were close friends who stood by each other.

I don't know how it came to be. Three girls and four guys who, at times, lived in their own private little world. Nothing could break that little group apart. Nothing except time. The first tight knit group I've belonged to.

One night, a Thursday I believe, there was six of us. We were missing one of the girls because she got into trouble and her curfew ended up being 9 pm. As if she couldn't do something stupid before then, but anyway. Two of us, four of them, playing pool, listen to music, joking, talking. The usual. Then this song came on. I don't know what it was, perhaps something in the air, but it was a night to remember. All the guys took their pool cues and started singing along.

As 14/15 year old girls who adored these guys, we started giggling, laughing and pretending we were their fans. When they started taking their shirts off, we started whistling, as they each walked in front of us, singing to us. Almost like Backstreet Boys. *Laugh* *Inlove2* We really did have good friends.

Good times. Precious memories. *Heart*







© Copyright 2016 Gaby ~ Keeper Of The Realm (UN: geja8856 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Gaby ~ Keeper Of The Realm has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/874945-Could-you-be-loved