*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/875193-Torn
Rated: GC · Book · Writing · #2027294
Created for the Soundtrackers Challenges
#875193 added February 28, 2016 at 2:59pm
Restrictions: None
Torn


I can't consider this a 'precious one' because I hate this song. *Laugh* However! I'll remember this song for the rest of my life.

The year is '97. October. We find out that we'll be going to the US of A in just a few weeks! Exciting? Nope, but it must be done.

Forward four months later, February 25th, '98, this stupid song playing over and over and over again on the radio. I sit on the windowsill smoking a cigarette, trying not to hear this noise and thinking about tomorrow. A long time to listen to a single song on a daily basis, but we got rid of everything else. Can't bring furniture to the States.

The next day, we're in the car at the early hour of 4 a.m. heading to Frankfurt to the airport. Two cars. We get separated right before we get there. Luckily, I remembered the flight number and we find my dad and uncle where we're supposed to be. And that's where the second trip into the unknown future took off.


Friday, Feb. 26th, 2016 marked eighteen years of me living here. It's life.


If there's one thing a person learns in life, it's that tomorrow can change so quick, you won't even know what hit you. Don't live a safe life. Don't bother trying to live in a self-made bubble thinking it'll protect you from the bad things. Nothing can and nothing ever will. Don't push off the things you want to do until later. If possible, go do them now. Enjoy your life. Last thing you want to do when you grow old is to look bad and remember what a 'safe' life you've led. Be daring. Challenge yourself, even if it's the smallest thing.

Most days will be mundane - every day unavoidable routines - but if you get a chance - do what you want to do and don't give a damn what anyone else thinks. You don't know what tomorrow brings. *Heart*

© Copyright 2016 Gaby ~ Keeper Of The Realm (UN: geja8856 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Gaby ~ Keeper Of The Realm has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/875193-Torn