*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/875112-a-scene-I-wrote-at-work-2-26-16
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #388967
Daily notes and timed freewrites but mostly my blog
#875112 added February 27, 2016 at 3:46pm
Restrictions: None
a scene I wrote at work 2-26-16
written at work between 3 min press cycles...written in many 2m to 1m 30s spurts of creation 2-26-16 Friday

She hadn't always felt this level of animosity towards the paladin. True, suspicion regarding her standing with Trellen Arrensa was forever close at hand; but, changes occurred recently, which Malyn knew were not for the good.

She didn't know, precisely, what had changed within her after she drank the Captain's potion. She felt herself losing her sense of reality--increased strength, uncontrolled rage and the compulsion to act upon her need to be free of the necromancer's bonds.

Her actions became for her a dream of violence and victory over her tormentor. She broke free of her bonds by sheer strength. The thick leather stretched, then tore and snapped with little effort on her part. When the straps binding her to the table released, so too did her rage erupt; lending immediate action toward the assistant close at hand who had his back turned toward her--

~~~~
~~~~

Trellen fought his way into another dark and narrow corridor of this hellish maze of shadow and evil. As his sword found the heart of the necromancer's last minion presented before him, a muted, inhuman scream filtered from behind one of the doors lining the passageway. The scream was shrill with terror. Were they too late to save Malyn?

The obvious death scream stunned Trellen for a moment. He calculated which door that sound had emanated from and raced toward the center of the long hall. Thus, Trellen was the first of Malyn's comrades to break into the chamber where he discovered her standing over a headless body. Blood flowed across the floor and the body still twitched. Trellen gasped in a sharp intake of breath then looked up to see Malyn turning to face him. She still held the man's head by his hair. Trellen took a reflexive step backwards into the corridor.

"Malyn?"

No recognition did he see in her eyes--feral eyes, alert and gauging the distance between herself and him.

"Malyn!"

© Copyright 2016 DyrHearte writes (UN: dyrhearte at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DyrHearte writes has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/875112-a-scene-I-wrote-at-work-2-26-16