*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/875339-How-You-Remind-Me
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#875339 added February 29, 2016 at 3:32pm
Restrictions: None
How You Remind Me

** Image ID #2070351 Unavailable **



Song: "How You Remind Me"
Artist: Nickelback
Album: Silver Side Up


If you thought I wasn't going to include some questionable music choices just because "Guilty Pleasures" week is over, then you don't know me very well. *Pthb*

In my defense, though, this album was the one I turned to at a really critical point in my life... when I found out the first girl I thought I actually had a chance with wasn't interested in me. Believe me when I tell you I wish it had been a different album; this was the year of the Gorillaz and Ryan Adams and Bleed American from Jimmy Eat World! Why, oh why, did I have to land on Nickelback of all artists? *RollEyes*

Regardless, this was the album I listened to when I was probably at my most brooding and gloomy. I still listen to it from time to time when I want to recall those emotions, especially when I'm writing something that needs to capture that emotion. For better or worse, Nickelback is one of those bands that is an emotional touchstone for me, which means I can probably never escape them.

I know I usually include some kind of interesting tidbits and musical factoids in my Soundtrackers, but I'm not going to give Nickelback the satisfaction of spending time reading and researching them. Sorry/not sorry, Chad Kroeger! *Gag*




© Copyright 2016 Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/875339-How-You-Remind-Me