*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/875573-Mary-and-Allan-Story
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#875573 added March 3, 2016 at 12:28am
Restrictions: None
Mary and Allan Story
We have been traveling without money for over twenty years. In 93 we gave everything away and began our journey.That year I gave my home to the person who wanted it. Allan gave all his possessions to the Steiner school he worked at. Giving gives such joy. You must be prepared to let go, attachment you don’t need.

We traveled without any money for about two and a half years until the government caught up with us. They got stressed because we hadn’t applied for our pensions. We lived with no money, we walked until we were offered shelter, we fasted until we were fed. Traveling with just one bag with two pair of knickers and two T-shirts was a challenge, but it never ever stopped me from trusting. This is okay, this is what I’m meant to be doing.

In the end we gave in and took our pensions. We never use that pension, we give it all away, I don’t have a need for it. They say we must, so we do what they like and they’re happy. Everything I have is given to me, because I give. But I don’t give expecting, I just give.

We would be asked to give workshops and personal sessions around the world. We never told them we'd work for no money beforehand. We allowed them to give. In the end we would say: It’s all yours. If you can, look for a project that deserves it. Maybe it’s a family in need, whatever you find from your heart, help them. This was Polish money, it was Indian money, it didn’t matter where we were, it belonged to those people, not to us. We didn’t need it.

It makes my heart sing when somebody says: I am awake, I have woken up. Everybody would like you to stay asleep, to not realize who you are. You’ve given yourselves the opportunity to find out who you are, without being in the mundane nine to five, pay your bills system. You are free now, and your decisions come from your heart, not from your head. That’s what makes it beautiful.

Our seed for change? Find still time, by that I mean be in your own company and listen. Don’t expect messages to come in a particular way. Believe in You, for nobody knows You better than You. Do a little mantra every day: I believe in me, I love and trust myself. Every day, a thousand times if you like. The more you say it, the more it becomes a way of being. It’s simple, it’s so damn simple. We can only do it with love, with violence it’s been tried and it doesn’t work.

© Copyright 2016 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/875573-Mary-and-Allan-Story