*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/880224-An-outing-for-revival
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#880224 added April 24, 2016 at 10:02am
Restrictions: None
An outing for revival.
I'm here at the computer in front of my open window, swooning to the smell of the blooming jasmine. It drifts in on the breeze along with a hint of wood smoke. I have jumped around from blogs to art and my mind is buzzing with words and visuals. What a morning to be alive in the here and now.

The art "up front" in my brain is from visiting a black and white show of local artists at a local gallery yesterday. The gallery is new but the group is not, a Gainesville institution for many years. It was deserted except for two attendants, neither one artists but volunteers. I literally had the whole place to myself and it was wonderful. I read about the show on their site   and wondered what kinds of things took to black and white art. The answer...everything. The diversity of subject was surprising, portraits, landscapes, abstracts....

I drove by the Repurpose Project to do but found not one parking place. In fact, their parking lot was roped off with obstacles, full of parkers, so I slowly went far enough to turn around to save that visit for a day less crowded.

After the art gallery, it was too soon to call it a day, I've been cooped up too long, and my tummy was longing for some ice cream (thanks to Mr. Prednisone). We have this place   specializing in a low calorie version, expensive but oh so tasty. I parked far away (to get in some walking), traipsed through several shops along the way, and ended up with a small cup of vanilla (with mint patty sprinkles). Then I walked, while eating, all the way around the block finally getting back to my parking spot about 30 minutes later...feelin' great.

So that was my great Saturday, ready to do something different today, still contemplating...

until next time...c

© Copyright 2016 Have a sunshiny day! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Have a sunshiny day! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/880224-An-outing-for-revival