*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/880421-Complaining-About-Roads
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2058371
Musings on anything.
#880421 added April 25, 2016 at 11:29pm
Restrictions: None
Complaining About Roads
         Just got back from a long weekend near Toledo. I had to travel over the Ohio Turnpike and the Pennsylvania Turnpike. Whew! The pavement is broken up, there is construction and dirt clouds all around, the speed limit varies from 45 to 60 and it's very expensive! About an hour stretch was almost $20 for that horrible ride. And then you get the courteous service of the toll booth operators. The last two I encountered in Pennsylvania were actually nice, but the others were rude and peeved. It felt great to get back onto the free interstate, where the speed limit, if observed, was 70, the pavement was smooth, and all lanes were open.

         Getting around Toledo and the surrounding suburbs with GPS was a little tricky.There were detours everywhere not listed with GPS. So I did a lot of circling around to get somewhere within blocks of my hotel. I ended up staying at a hotel about ten miles away from where I wanted to be. So in our free time, the others, mostly around my age, did things in small groups, while I was at the unpopular hotel.

         I didn't sleep well the last night, so I was extremely tired today driving home. I had to stop every 90 minutes or so just to stretch and get fresh air and not get dozy. I also discovered the bottom half of my gas gage moves faster than the top half. I left the service plaza with half a tank of gas, and within an hour was on empty with the warning light on. I was in the PA. mountains, so I drove slowly downhill and prayed an exit would come up soon. I could coast to the side if necessary. But I made it to the only gas station near the toll exit.

© Copyright 2016 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/880421-Complaining-About-Roads