*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/880607-Cast-Reunion
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2058371
Musings on anything.
#880607 added April 27, 2016 at 11:45pm
Restrictions: None
Cast Reunion
         The reunion of The Virginian cast has grown each year. This one was particularly sentimental and emotional in that it might be the last. Who can tell the future?

         Many stories were told, some from previous years, available on YouTube and other sources. Some seemed like a new tale. The strongest theme was the shock the actors were experiencing that so many people still loved their show half a century later, and still loved them. A few teared up as they recalled wondering at the time if they were doing anything of lasting value. Now the people who were young when they made the show are watching reruns with their grandchildren. From all appearances, future generations will enjoy it as well.

         The show attracts a certain type of devotee, in that it was a lovely group of people. I have only experienced such kindness and politeness in religious gatherings, where The Golden Rule set the pace. Some have been faithful followers for decades and practically know the dialog by heart. Some are new devotees, like me.The fans come from all walks of life and educational and financial levels. The only thing they really have in common is their love of this show.

         Were we just a bunch of nerds? Well, maybe. We were celebrating with people from all over the country and other parts of the world. We celebrated the careers of actors in their 70's and 80's. We celebrated the "morality play" where good always conquers in the end. We celebrated our common values as we shared our favorite authors, shows, and movies. We celebrated creativity, drama, and entertainment. We celebrated the legacy that this group of people gave the world.

© Copyright 2016 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/880607-Cast-Reunion