*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/881954-Graduation
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#881954 added May 12, 2016 at 10:21am
Restrictions: None
Graduation
Emily graduated from high school last night. She was number 14 in a class of around 135. I'm proud of her little smart self. She got a 30 on her ACT the last time she took it, so she has an almost free ride at Mississippi College, and I'm thinking that by the time my husband gets through talking to the financial aid people, dorm and everything will be paid for.

They did something at the graduation I've never seen before: they announced that the graduates wanted to thank their parents for everything they've done for them and each graduate left their seat to bring each set of parents a red rose. I thought this was lovely.

My husband's sister's family came as well as my mother and stepfather, and we all took Em out to eat at Sal and Mookie's, a pizza place in downtown Jackson that is also well known for their fancy desserts and ice cream. After that they had Project Graduation - I forget what all they did, but she didn't get home until 6:00 this morning. They went to the Planetarium as well as this trampoline place called High Heaven, then went to breakfast. I assume she had a good time. She didn't even make it to her bedroom - she came in and flopped down on the couch.

I still remember crying as my husband drove off with her to go to four-year-old kindergarten. Dern.




© Copyright 2016 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/881954-Graduation