*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/884352-Trip
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#884352 added June 11, 2016 at 11:07pm
Restrictions: None
Trip
We just got back yesterday from Chattanooga. Matt and Anna Claire went to church camp at Eagle Rock Camp in Maryville TN. Since Em is about to take off for college, we took her on a little trip. We had a good time.

1. We rode straight up Lookout Mountain on an Incline Railway. It's the steepest train ride in the world. I think it goes up at a 72 degree angle, or something like that. It takes about twenty minutes to ride the trolley up the mountain, then you have a gift shop to look through, of course, then back down. The trip down was much more thrilling than the one up, for some reason, at least to me.

2. Hubby and Em went to the Aquarium. They enjoyed it. My back was killing me and I didn't feel like walking all over creation, so I dropped them off and took the car on my own scenic tour of Chattanooga. It's not as big as I thought - it doesn't seem to be much bigger than Jackson, Mississippi.

3. We went to an IMAX movie about the National Parks narrated by Robert Redford, which we enjoyed.

4. My husband got up at 6:00 AM on Thursday and went downstairs to the hot tub. He sat in there around 10 minutes before he realized his phone was in the pocket of his swim trunks. *Laugh**Laugh**Laugh* I don't have the faintest intention of letting him forget this, not at all.

5. We went to this diner-type place that had all these cakes. That was the first thing you saw when you went in, all these fabulous cakes. They were a little too fabulous, though: one slice was $6.50 and a whole cake was $71. No thanks!

We got home yesterday and Matt and Anna Claire got home today. A good time was had by all. Our little dogs are glad we are home where we should be and I am overjoyed. I want my own bed and my own house and my own furniture and my own recliner . . . well, you get the idea.

© Copyright 2016 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/884352-Trip