*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/882746-Help-the-Police-keep-the-peace
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#882746 added May 22, 2016 at 11:22am
Restrictions: None
Help the Police keep the peace

The Sunday News!

Should police officers be required to wear bodycams at all times, and how much access to this footage should the public be allowed?


An intriguing question?

I'm reading "The Innocent Man" by John Crisham. "Murder and Injustice in a Small Town"

I clicked on the CNN Link included with this question but I did not go to any particular picture.

Police should wear body cams but they should also be required to submit complete explanations of their actions. Pictures, even films of actions don't always tell the whole story.

What is going on that is influencing the reactions of the police? Police are human. I always start asking questions.

Was there a crowd outside of the camera action?
Were other police on the scene?
Right now in this time segment 2015 and 2016 what is causing unrest among police officers?
Is Police training adequate in all forces?
Are people using these camera shots to influence the public against police? I suspect types of coverage of news events when they are suddenly one-sided.?

Police Cams might save an officers life or make him slow to defend himself or show parts of a scene and not all of a scene.

Should the public see the films? It might incense the public or give more understanding. Do we have a discerning public? Not always. Does the public show good judgment? Not always.

Journalism in the USA is not so quick to show dead bodies. For years there have been unwritten journalism rules in print journalism against showing people laying around dead after accidents or riots or catastrophes of any sort? sometimes they don't release accurate statistics about how many died in fires or shootings or tornadoes With the many threats that have erupted against countries in the last 50 years I think that ruling is becoming less heeded.

I say put it out there. If you don't want the truth don't watch it. In the USA you have that choice.

The reason the Bible is still relevant is because of its good advice for every life: Moses had a father-in-law who gave him good advice. In Exodus 18: 17-24. In verse 21 he told Moses: "Moreover, look for able men from all the people, men who fear God, who are trustworthy and hate a bribe, and place such men over the people as chiefs of thousands, of hundreds, of fifties, and of tens." (from the English Standard Version) Moses needed advice because he was trying to organize people into a new nation.

Teachers, lawyers, prosecutors, police of any kind cannot just be there because they like the hours or the money is good. They are servants of the public. We need them not to control the public but to sort out the problems being caused by social inadequacies. Freedom and Chaos are two different things.

I've had my say. Your turn. Rant On! *Laugh*


© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/882746-Help-the-Police-keep-the-peace