*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/883687-Thursday-June-2-2016
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#883687 added June 2, 2016 at 2:59pm
Restrictions: None
Thursday: June 2, 2016
Thursday, June 2, 2016

Ideal Dog

I want a dog
that's half-a-dog high
and two dogs long.

A dog
whose whole body wags
with its tail.

That barks
only upon request,
but takes the leg off any intruder.

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for Day 1296
It is often said that you should never judge another person until you walk in his or her shoes. Tell about an experience that enabled you to better understand another person.

When was the last time I walked in someone else's shoes? I have experienced this situation both literally and figuratively. The last time I experienced it literally was in 2012 or 2013. In 2012, after Mom died, I tossed a pair of her athletic shoes in the backseat of my car. Eventually the shoes ended up in the floor and then under the passenger side seat. I found the shoes again sometime in 2013 and decided to wear them. Never mind that I wear an 8 1/2 to a 9 athletic shoes (the size depends on whether I wear thick or thin socks with the shoe) and Mom wore a 7 1/2 to an 8. I put the shoes on, despite the fact that I couldn't wear even thin socks with them. Needless to write that I was unable to wear the shoes without them hurting my feet.

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for Day 816
"Truth is a rare thing. It is delightful to tell it." Emily Dickinson Do you agree?

I disagree with Ms Dickinson to a point. I don't think truth is all that rare, but I do think that it's sometimes difficult for people to tell the truth because they don't want to admit the truth about themselves. I think truth becomes a rare commodity in presidential election years. Politicians don't like to admit the truth even when they're caught in a lie.

The fanatically supporters of presidential candidates don't want to admit that their precious chosen ones lie like con man talking to a mark. This year the candidates are especially bad when it comes to stretching the truth out of shape. Normally in presidential elections people joke about it being a choice between the lesser of two evils, but this year I don't think it's a joke. Every time I think about the general election in November I get chills up my spine.

I know that I will vote for someone in the general election, but I'm not sure I'll like the choice I have to make. I don't think either candidate is going to make things better for the poor and dispossessed in America. Since I am one of the poor and dispossessed I'm frightened. The only thing I can do is face my fear and place everything in God's hands.

© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/883687-Thursday-June-2-2016