*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/883993-Prose-Poetry-Versus-Short-Short-Story-and-Summer
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#883993 added June 6, 2016 at 3:18pm
Restrictions: None
Prose Poetry Versus Short-Short Story and Summer
Monday, June 6, 2016

BOOK
My Mother's Poems  (E)
This is a collection of poems written by my mother.
#1908512 by Prosperous Snow celebrating

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for Day 820
What do you think is the difference between a short-short story and a prose poem? This question is because some people are mixing up the two.

According to Study.com1 a prose poem is "a hybrid genre" which combines poetry techniques with prose.2 Study.com gives the four attributes of prose poetry as (1) prose paragraphs that (2) focus on image or metaphor while incorporating (3) some instances of "poetic meter" and (4) plays on language an example of this is repetition.3 Rather then focusing on image, short-stories focus on plot and character. I think that reveals the difference between prose poetry and short-short stories.

 
STATIC
Gaps Solitaire  (ASR)
I stare at the game board!
#1996204 by Prosperous Snow celebrating

I thought I had some more examples of prose poetry, but they are probably filed away in one of my desk drawers or a box I haven't gone through yet. As soon as I find them I will post some of them in my port for review.

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for Day 1300
Write a story, poem, or song about summer.

Summer in Las Vegas

The aroma of heat in the afternoon air. Triple digit temperatures force us to turn on the cool air and increase the power bill from double digits to triple digits.

The chilling tastes of iced coffee, tea, and lemonade send chills through our bodies bringing down our core temperatures and blood pressure down to acceptable and survivable levels.

Excessive heat warnings. Warnings not to leave your pets in a hot car and when you're home make sure they have a place to get out of the sun and plenty of water. Churches and non-profit organizations open cooling stations for the homeless.

Locals were hats, sunscreen, and long sleeves to protect delicate skin for ultraviolet rays. Tourist wear shorts and short sleeves risking a sunburn and skin cancer for the pleasure of being in Las Vegas in the summer.

Footnotes
1  http://study.com/
2  http://study.com/academy/lesson/prose-poems-definition-famous-examples.html
3  ibid.


© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/883993-Prose-Poetry-Versus-Short-Short-Story-and-Summer