*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886069-Thankful-Thursday-Independent-Decisions
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#886069 added June 30, 2016 at 1:52pm
Restrictions: None
Thankful Thursday: Independent Decisions
Thursday, June 30, 2016

"The first duty prescribed by God for His servants is the recognition of Him Who is the Dayspring of His Revelation and the Fountain of His laws, Who representeth the Godhead in both the Kingdom of His Cause and the world of creation. Whoso achieveth this duty hath attained unto all good; and whoso is deprived thereof hath gone astray, though he be the author of every righteous deed. It behoveth every one who reacheth this most sublime station, this summit of transcendent glory, to observe every ordinance of Him Who is the Desire of the world. These twin duties are inseparable. Neither is acceptable without the other. Thus hath it been decreed by Him Who is the Source of Divine inspiration."
Bahá’u’lláh

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for Day 844
What is the most independent thing you have ever done?

The most independent thing I've ever done was to declare my belief in Baha'u'llah and sign a declaration card announcing my decision. You may not think changing your religion would qualify as the most important independent decision in a person's life, but in my case it does. I knew when I changed from Southern Baptist to Baha'i that I would probably get some flack from old friends and a few family members. I got flack from one person who realized he could no long control me.

One of the main thing that led me to declare my belief in Baha'u'llah were the scripture He revealed. When I read the sacred writing of the Baha'i Faith, especially those revealed by Baha'u'llah and the Bab, I feel the same spirit flowing through them as I felt when I read my Grandmother's Bible. Another thing that encouraged me to become a Baha'i was a dream I had when I was living with my Grandparents in Blackwell, Oklahoma. After I graduated from Shawnee High School in 1966, I moved to Blackwell to live with my Grandparents.

While I was living with Grandma and Grandpa, I had a dream. The dream remains clear to this day. I thought about the dream over the years and wondered what it meant. After I learned about Baha'u'llah, I finally understood the dream. Becoming a Baha'i and reading the sacred scriptures of the Baha'i Faith finally helped me understand the dream.

Independent Choice

To make a choice
independent of fear
based upon my own investigation
this is freedom of consciousness.




© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886069-Thankful-Thursday-Independent-Decisions