*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886138-Gratitude--Commercials
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#886138 added July 1, 2016 at 6:25am
Restrictions: None
Gratitude & Commercials
Friday July 1, 2016 - HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!

I have decided as part of my blog to comment on each of Preston Smiles's ways to Love Louder. He has written an intriguing little book or 33 Ways To Amplify Your Life. The full title is Love Louder: 33 Ways To Amplify Your Life. I bought the book recently and was going to just fly through the pages, but the first one rang true... so I am devoting a bit more time to it.

Love Louder - Amplifying My Life


Day 3 – Gratitude

"Have you ever noticed how many people are searching for happiness, as if it's this elusive thing that's always 'out there'? We are conditioned to think that it's outside of us, in things, accomplishments, and goals."

We are always waiting until something happens before we deem ourselves happy enough... but those accomplishments and milestones are only fleeting at best. Dennis Waitley says it best:

"Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and gratitude."

Living in the moment. Appreciating all that you are at that very moment. Preston Smiles adds that your "outlook determines your outcome, and your outlook is determined by the amount of gratitude you practice."

Riches and huge accomplishments will not bring you happiness if you do not see the good in the world and practice gratitude - appreciating what you have in the here and now. Preston writes of a child on death's door, a child who is full of joy and positive energy. From this girl, Upendo, who has a rare degenerative disease and skin cancer, he learns the true meaning of gratitude and a wealthy spirit. It reminds me of Phoebe and our StoryMister and StoryMistress Family - they are going through so much, but Phoebe's video posts never fail to bring a smile and a tear to my eye as I see how strong she is and the love she radiates. She will fight this cancer that ravages her poor wee body, and she will also find hope and peace in the positive light she shines whenever she speaks. Her spirit will fight the battle she faces and I am certain she will prevail.
https://www.facebook.com/FriendsOfPhoebe/?pnref=story

It is easy to practice gratitude during the good times, but it is equally important to see the good, the silver lining, in all situations - a breakup, a sick child, when everything seems to be imploding.... No matter how tough the world gets or what it throws at you, there is always something to be grateful for... don't get caught in the glass half empty or half full debate... be happy that you have a glass. There is blessing in all things because you are alive.
We cultivate gratitude by what we choose to focus on. To be happy, truly happy, you need to stop focusing on what you think you need to be happy and practice being in the moment and being thankful for what you already have. This helps you tap into the abundance of life - you'll attract more of the same goodness in your life.

#LOVELOUDERCHALLENGE
"Stop right now and notice your breath, notice the feeling of life moving through you with each passing breath. Look around you and recognize, with a grateful heart, the colours, shapes, sounds, and smells that fill that space." Really focus your senses on the present moment - a tree swaying in the wind, voices of the people around you, the textures of your work space, the smell of fresh brewed coffee. Begin to feel grateful for the gifts of sight, hearing, touch, taste and smell. We are sensory beings. Be present in those precious gifts. Be amazed at how your brain works... even at 4:30 in the morning when your body says 'you're awake, get up'. "Life is constantly emerging all around you, and how beautiful is it that you get to experience it fully?"

Take the time to 'stop and smell the roses' or the fresh brewed coffee (oh, I could so use some of that right now!). Appreciate that you are awake and feeling pretty good. Believe that today will be a great day... because I know it will be.


And now for something completely different...

30 Day Blogging Challenge – July 2016


July 1: Fun Fact Friday!

On this day in 1941, the Bulova Watch Company sponsored the first TV commercial in New York City, NY. How do you feel about commercials? Is there a current or past commercial you're particularly fond of (or perhaps really dislike)? Tell us about it.

Here is the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JenAyMmZ68

Short and sweet. How do I feel about commercials? During a good show I find them annoying... especially when the commercial break comes just before they announce the winner! But sometimes I find myself truly enjoying some commercials... the Budweiser ones with the animals never seem to play at my heart strings - the product is barely mentioned. The commercial tells a story and the accompanying music is perfect.
The Snowball Fight one is priceless and any of the ones with the puppy and the Clydesdale Horses are fabulous. Here's a link to see them all...
http://jacksonville.com/content/look-back-budweiser-clydesdales-super-bowl-comme...


The one called brotherhood always makes me cry!


Puppy Love


Lost Dog


They are subtle with great music and a story. What more could you want.

© Copyright 2016 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886138-Gratitude--Commercials