*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886326-Friggatriskaidekaphobiasay-WHAT
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#886326 added July 3, 2016 at 5:52am
Restrictions: None
Friggatriskaidekaphobia...say WHAT?

I visited the coffee house of Blog City to see what’s up, what’s new, what’s cooking on this lazy Sunday. Nobody around, not even a cup of coffee, but I found a new word there, posted by Lyn's a Witchy Woman , friggatriskaidekaphobia.



Triskaidekaphobia, is the superstitious fear of number 13, while Paraskevidekatriaphobia, or friggatriskaidekaphobia the fear of Friday the 13th.

In May last there was a Friday the 13th, the next one will be in January of the coming year, 2017. So, a lot of time to prepare for those suffering this fear. I personally am not.

A report issued by the Dutch Centre for Insurance Statistics on June 12, 2008, states "fewer accidents and reports of fire and theft occur when the 13th of the month falls on a Friday than on other Fridays, because people are preventatively more careful or just stay home." This in turn was reflected in the reports received by Dutch insurance companies, in the last three years, which showed that on normal Fridays, the number of traffic accidents touched a figure of approximately 7,800 but it decreased to 7,500 on a Friday, the 13th in The Netherlands.

The next time Friday the 13th will have a full moon, now there’s a challenge, will be in 2049, according to NASA. Let the Boogie Man and the evil spirits just wait till then before spreading their treacherous acts upon us.

Years ago I watched one of the horror movies Friday the 13th, in which a horrifying scene of the bully strangling or snapping a little birds neck. Tweety died instantly. I couldn’t sleep for days.

*Rolling*I found another one: FLOCCI­NAUCINI­HILIPIL­IFICATION! Try that one for seize. *Ha*

© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886326-Friggatriskaidekaphobiasay-WHAT