*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886375-Mowing-Not
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#886375 added July 3, 2016 at 3:50pm
Restrictions: None
Mowing? Not!
Well, I am back to writing my memoir/life history again. To be able to write about Jim's illness, I had to go back a little farther than I planned but it was the only way I could get comfortable. I think now I will be able to work my way forward, slowly. I'm not going to worry about the time and how long it takes me anymore.

I checked the weather on the web this morning - cloudy but no rain - so I commenced to getting ready to cut the grass, old clothes, old tennies, slathered on the sun block, and got my hat. In the garage with the door still down, I filled the mower with gas, checked the oil and the tires, raised the garage door and WHAT? It was pouring! I'm all ready whenever....maybe tomorrow.

So here I am working at the computer instead. I updated some stuff on my writing group's website, watched the hummingbird outside my window, printed the minutes for my book club on Tuesday, sent out the meeting reminder notice, "wasted" some time on FB, and finished a story for my Life History Group on Thursday. Our book club selection for Tuesday is The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George which I just finished yesterday. I had to force, and I mean force, myself to read it. I may have skimmed over some of it. I cannot figure out the point of the book. Out of 30 some selections (our book club will be 3 years old in September) this one has been the dullest. I'm anxious to hear what others think.

Okay, I've gotten a little distance while writing this post so now I'm going back to working on my memoir. Hope you all have a great 4th!

until next time...c


© Copyright 2016 Happy Mom's Day 2024! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Happy Mom's Day 2024! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886375-Mowing-Not