*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886675-What-Are-You-Afraid-Of--The-Taste-Test
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#886675 added July 6, 2016 at 9:55pm
Restrictions: None
What Are You Afraid Of & The Taste Test
30 Day Blogging Challenge


War Chest Wednesday! A prompt from a previous challenger...
Write about your fears...fears that you have overcome, and fears which still exist within you.


This is a good topic but my head is killing me and making thoughts difficult. So tonight I will keep this short and sweet... I have a lot of fears. I know many of them are just in my head and if I took them head on I would be better for it. When I need to find courage I listen to this song by Kerrie Roberts:



Border for my personal use.

Love Louder - Amplifying My Life


I have decided as part of my blog to comment on each of Preston Smiles's ways to Love Louder. He has written an intriguing little book or 33 Ways To Amplify Your Life. The full title is Love Louder: 33 Ways To Amplify Your Life.


Day 8 - The Taste Test
"Language has the power to transform. It's how we express our thoughts and feelings, but most people don't realize their language is a huge barrier to their freedom.... How we speak things is a window into our view of reality."

Many have heard the phrase 'change your thoughts, change your life'. Well, Preston takes that a step further and says, "A change of language can be the gateway to changing your thoughts. By consistently replacing dis-empowering language with empowering language, we can transform our lives drastically."

"Every thought, statement, and feeling is creative in nature: therefore we are always creating our current reality with the language we choose moment to moment." The idea is to "create by design, concsiously choosing the language that leads to transforming our thoughts."

We tell ourselves stories in our lives. We need to craft these stories to create a positive reality and attract more of the same into your life. Does that make sense? "The more we obsess about what's not working, the more things won't work. the more we use language of positivity and love, the more our energy will attract that into our space." Stop talking like a victim. Instead of 'I hope', 'I'll try' and 'I have to' say 'I WILL' 'I CHOSE TO' and 'I DESIRE'. Be conscious of your words - they make up your reality.

#LOVELOUDERCHALLENGE
Speak with reverence and pride. Use the language of champions and take your power back.
Take note of how many times you use the word 'can't' or statements that immediately disempower you or another person.
Find ways to shift to more empowering language.
Instead of 'I can't because I don't have time.' say 'I choose not to, because I'm committed to focusing my time on other things.'

As I write this I am dealing with a wicked migraine... which I will soon have underhand... but for now I need to get this blog down and hope it make some semblance of sense. I am not even sure what the taste test has to do with this topic... beyond the use of your mouth.



© Copyright 2016 πŸ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
πŸ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886675-What-Are-You-Afraid-Of--The-Taste-Test