*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886707-Eisenhower-is-Elected-President
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#886707 added July 7, 2016 at 10:32am
Restrictions: None
Eisenhower is Elected President
What's the first big news story you remember being aware of as a kid? (For reference, mine I think was John Lennon's murder, and I was five years old...but a one-sentence answer isn't a blog entry



Owl with an attitude

"I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity." by President Eisenhower.


I remember this because it was after my Mom died and we were living in my Aunt's house with her family. I did not hear this on a radio or read it in a newspaper. (Television was not in the homes of the public yet.)

This election was all I remember about adult conversations around me, at this point, in my life. I was 8 years old in 1953.

Dwight D. Eisenhower was born in Dennison, Texas. He was the 34th president of the USA. His term stretched 8 years long from 1953-1961. President Eisenhower is considered one of the best presidents in USA history.

If you think what our country is experiencing is new, as far as war goes, please read the article on Dwight D. Eisenhower in Wikipedia. The terrorist threat may be new but the historical problems with radicals in countries in the middle East is not new.

The Dwight D. Eisenhower article is considered one of the important history articles.
There is simply too much information in the article about His actions as a president to list them all here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwight_D._Eisenhower

Some highlights:

Iran, how to develop nuclear power properly, dealing with Israel's actions against Egypt, Taiwan, China, a Soviet Union Conference squashed because of the U-2 incident, The formation of NASA because of a Soviet satellite launch, a constitutional term limit,threatening North Korea with nuclear bombs, the list goes on it is quite long.

Comment: More people die because they believe stress kills than die from stress. There is a hormone secreted by the pituitary that goes into the heart to help it deal with stress during a traumatic situation. Laughter neutralizes stress in the body. Have a fun day. *Rolling*






© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886707-Eisenhower-is-Elected-President