*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887070-Motivation-is-Part-of-Societal-Equations
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#887070 added July 11, 2016 at 10:08am
Restrictions: None
Motivation is Part of Societal Equations
This book is a Hoot! Tea of the Day = Herbal Crepe Faire

Motivation Monday!

Author E.B. White , who was born on this day back in 1899, once said, "I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve (or save) the world and a desire to enjoy (or savor) the world. This makes it hard to plan the day." What's your take on this? If given the choice between only being able to do one, would you rather save the world or savor it?


Some days I really need to be motivated. I've said this before, "I don't have extreme amounts of money because I would use it to make changes that would speed improvement in areas that need improved."

MY second son brought home a Funny Book one time for us to read. The protagonist was a man who believed in the Devil. He had a lot of political power and was using it to cause financial instability and death within the populations of his country for his own gain. It was the author's way of impressing evil on children's minds and the difference between God's message of salvation and the way things really work.

Most of the time I have a list laying around of things that need to be done. If I have energy enough and my day is not all ready planned I pick a job, complete it and mark it off the list. I learned a long time ago that when I improve my world someone else reaps some of the benefit. If I could improve the whole world I would do it. Then, I would savor the results.

With every change there is a result. Such as the ongoing battle in the USA over whether everyone should have health benefits. I thought that was a given, but I'm amazed about people who don't agree.

This week I received an email from someone spouting to "pass it on". The email is about how as citizens we are paying for people to receive free help. There are people around who believe our economy should never stand for anything to be free. Maybe, this is a good year to stand on the road and preach the parable of the "Good Samaritan".

After reading so much history over the years historical events have stabilized my thinking somewhat. Human society is constantly upgrading their thinking about what is good and what is right. When it gets to a certain point it upgrades, where ever society is behind and needs the upgrade.

If I could improve the whole world I would do it. Then, I would savor the results.


Until then I will muddle along trying to listen, trying to improve the world where I can touch it and just maintaining when I can't reach the tough spots. Really bringing about the big changes seems to be someone else's job. God bless them. Back them up so they can succeed.

Happy Trails.
















apondia#1781748



















apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887070-Motivation-is-Part-of-Societal-Equations