*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887166-The-Idea-of-Punishment
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#887166 added July 12, 2016 at 8:29am
Restrictions: None
The Idea of Punishment

This book is a Hoot! book of the day = Playing To The Edge by Michael V. Haden


Talk Tuesday!

What bad habit (or habits, if you're feelin' feisty) do people have that make you wish you could inflict severe punishment upon them without incurring any punishment of your own?


Watching TV and believing they can make the outcome their own? In a conversation with a very young grandchild last year she told me she was a demon. She got that from watching Supernatural. People are not demons or angels. They are people. This is a medieval thought. Yes, people did think this eons ago.

Even adults watch programs, but don't know any history, so they make the story fit some problem without all the facts.

Some people, when watching news stories or comedians have an inability, to separate a specific incident, in their lives from a general crowd situation. Such as, one policeman shot someone in rage instead of using his training appropriately, so all police are bad. Punishing the group does not fit the situation.

I know sometimes an attitude is ingrained, in an entire community or entire group and you cannot always separate your physical self from the group.

A real horror is when people do something they should not do, then get caught, then blame others; because they were caught. Next, they can't get what they consider retribution so they teach their children or grandchildren to go out and try to get it for them. *Headbang* Let it go people!

People think the bible is a weapon. This is another horror. The Koran and the Bible are not weapons. They have good advice and pictures of actions that are ingrained in the human species. Read it! God does not murder and maim whole species.

Now, there is an ancient manuscript on the internet that has chants and curses to use. The advertisements for it proclaim how wonderful it is to be able to use this in any language for the first time. The New testament warns people not to put curses on each other.

On one hand we fight the urge countries have toward nuclear war and individual supremacy so we have to fight the idea that this might be the way to fight individual bullies.

I hate *Rant* ING so I'm finished.

Go out and read some good stuff under a shady tree with a cool drink. Have a better day.

© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887166-The-Idea-of-Punishment