*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887139-Week-2-Day-4-story-prompt---Stay-Calm
Rated: 18+ · Book · Drama · #2089049
Only work submitted for the Game of Thrones
#887139 added July 12, 2016 at 8:44am
Restrictions: None
Week 2, Day 4: story prompt - Stay Calm
"Tell me the whole story," he said calmly. "Take your time."
The little boy inhaled deeply, pointed at the swings, “I gotsted pushted off the swing.”
“How? By who?”
Mr. Barrett had to be patient with little Timmie. Timmie stopped kicking the pebbles and presented the bruised and scrapped knee. “See!”
“Wow, Timmie, that’s pretty good. Did you cry?”
Timmie snapped his head left and right. “It hurted though!”
“I bet it did. Was it Wally?”
“Yeah-huh. He’s a meanie. We call him Wally the Lizard. That’s what he looks like. Is he going to get in trouble?”
“We’ll see, son, we’ll see.”
“My dad can get him, I betcha.”
“This is a school matter, Timmie. Let’s let the principal handle it.”
“He made water by that swing. He’s not supposed to do that, is he?”
Mr. Barrett took a moment to hide his smile. “No, no, he’s not. I’ll talk to him about that.”
“My mom says he is a bad fluns.”
“He just needs special attention. Do you know what a bad influence is?”
“Wally.”
Mr. Barrett was not winning this battle of wits with a four-year-old.
“Well, maybe we should go tell the principal what happened so you do not miss any classes.”
Mr. Barrett held the heavy metal door open to allow Timmie to enter first. Timmie liked to hear his voice echo off the walls in the empty hallways.
“Sokay. Only gots storytime. Ms. Armstrong wears green underwear with white dogs.”
Mr. Barrett recalled Ms. Armstrong’s short skirts and knew he had to have more than one conversation with Principal Daret. “Not now, Timmie. Save it for Mr. Daret. Please save everything for Mr. Daret.”
“Why?”
“They don’t pay me enough to do his job for him. Gotta let him have some fun, don’t you think?”
“Why?”
“Timmie, this is Mr. Daret’s office. Have you ever been here before?”
“Yeah-huh. Not my fault then neither!”
“Okay. Okay. Mr. Daret. Timmie had a run in with Wally. Good luck.”
“Wait! Fill me in.”
Mr. Barrett used his best turbo tongue to explain what happened on the playground and in storytime as he backed his way out of the principal’s office.
Mr. Daret’s smile slowly faded as the door closed with Mr. Barrett on the other side.
“Well, Timmie, we meet again. Have a seat. One parent or two?”
Timmie took a seat in front of Mr. Daret, looking him straight in the eye. “Mom, too.”
Mr. Daret dialed the home phone. “Hi, honey. It’s about Tim. How long before you can get down here?”
“Well, young man, does Mr. Barrett know who you are?”
“I gotsted pushted off the swing.”
“Did you introduce yourself as Tim Daret?”
“I got hurted. See? I didn’t cry neither.”
Mr. Daret was not going to win this battle of wits with his four year old.

[word count:475]
House Florent Image for G.o.T. and "Game of Thrones
© Copyright 2016 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887139-Week-2-Day-4-story-prompt---Stay-Calm