*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887144-Seven-deadly-sins
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#887144 added July 12, 2016 at 5:09am
Restrictions: None
Seven deadly sins
Twelfth day of "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS [13+]

Talk Tuesday!
What bad habit (or habits, if you're feelin' feisty) do people have that make you wish you could inflict severe punishment upon them without incurring any punishment of your own?

The seven deadly sins: hubristic pride, greed, lust, malicious envy, gluttony, inordinate anger and sloth! Watch Hyronymus Bosch (1450-1516), the Dutch painter with his seven deadly sins, very unsetling but beautiful.



** Image ID #2089968 Unavailable **

Inordinate anger, greed and malicious envy can cast harm upon others while the rest affects only you. I think those three are the worst in a great chunk of today’s society. Greed being particularly dangerous causing a whole monetary and economic system to collapse because of the uncontrollable hunger for power and money. Anger we’ve seen in abundance these days with the terrorist attacks of groups like ISIS and Al Qaida causing war, harm and grief beyond belief. Envy causing people to disconnect and become enemies of hate.

I don’t know about the punishment though, except for greed and anger, since I would like to think about punishment for greedy bankers and politicians and for angry terrorists. Jail probably. And a re-education program on living together peacefully. But that’s a bit too far fetched in some cases I am sure.

© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887144-Seven-deadly-sins