*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887150-Letter-to-RAOK
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#887150 added July 12, 2016 at 1:56am
Restrictions: None
Letter to RAOK
Letter to RAOK

“Tell me the whole story, “he said calmly. “Take your time.”

I looked at Santa with astonishment. Was the bearded guy kidding me? I just found out I had only two weeks left to renew my upgrade to Writing.Com. There was no time to be calm, I had to act and act quickly.



Sitting on his lap wasn’t that comfortable either for a grown woman slightly overweight. Santa couldn’t have been more than eleven stone with skinny legs hiding underneath his red and white gown. He had a friendly face though, with piercing eyes and rosy cheeks. His white beard was well washed and trimmed underneath a fur cap. I still believed in this guy despite my age.

“There is this wonderful community of writers I am involved in. I can showcase my art online. They have contests and perks for writing and reviewing other people’s work.” I turned my face towards the old man looking him in the eye breathing heavily.
“My subscription is almost overdue.”

“Does this involve money?”Santa looked pensively. “Is this a scam?”

“No, no,” I said hastily, “nothing of the sort. I just am working so hard lately to keep on writing, reading and reviewing more than one hundred reviews, I don’t want to lose all that. I have scraped gift points here and there but I still have not enough to bridge me another three months. “

Santa watched quietly as I worked on an agitation mode.

I started trembling, my body was shaking and I had the uncontrollable urge to cry.

“Is there no other way to do this”, he asked holding me tight.

“I have looked into paying my subscription by money order but that won’t work. I don’t have a working credit card and I don’t use Paypal. I am lost here, what should I do?” The tears started coming now.

“You are behaving like an addict my child, are you aware of that? You are a grown woman, no need to cry over a website.”

"Can you help me Santa? I won’t ask for anything else this year, not even for my birthday. Just help me please?

He looked at me, shook his head in disbelief and answered, “I will look into matters for you. Now stop sobbing and wining like a baby and go to work. I will let you know!”

So I went home and wrote a piece about it. I am still waiting on Santa.

-----0-----

Prompt 4: “Tell me the whole story, “he said calmly. “Take your time.”

© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887150-Letter-to-RAOK