*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887406-Wildcard-Thursday-Writers-of-History-Stealers-of-Souls
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#887406 added July 14, 2016 at 4:38pm
Restrictions: None
Wildcard Thursday: Writers of History, Stealers of Souls
Thursday, July 14, 2016


The Wildcard Thursday for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
The Wildcard Round! Today's winner, chosen from all eligible entries by Virtual Dice over the weekend, will receive a History Merit Badge!
It is often said that history is written by the victorious. How true (or otherwise) do you believe this to be, and why?

Is history written by the victorious? Yes, I believe this has been true to a certain extent. The victorious have an emotional reason to write history from their point of view so that they are shown in a good light. Take the way the white people for centuries have viewed Native Americans, black people, or any nation where the citizens have a darker skin tone. I think this is slowly changing, but we still have a long way to go because the history and achievement of anyone, except while people, have been suppressed for so long. For years Native American children were removed from their families and put into schools where their culture and language was suppressed. In like manner, blacks were remove from Africa in salve ships to work the plantations and do other manual labor in the south to make the plantation owners rich. The slaves who were brought to America lost their culture and languages. When you steal or suppress the culture and language of a people you kill the soul of a culture.


The Trail of Tears remembers
the stolen history and the land,
remembers the sorrow of a people's stolen soul.



© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887406-Wildcard-Thursday-Writers-of-History-Stealers-of-Souls