*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887649-Windows-10--software-not-allegory-or-numerology
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#887649 added July 17, 2016 at 10:29am
Restrictions: None
Windows 10 / software not allegory or numerology

A signature owl Quote: "Let us learn their ways, just as they are learning ours." by Hubert Lyautey from Garment of Shadows by Laurie R. King


The Sunday News!

This week, Microsoft said they won't be able to meet their goal of having 1 billion Windows 10 users . I use Windows 10 and it's fine for everything I do; others feel passionately different. What's your take? Is the operating system important, or do you not care as long as the device itself still works?


Windows 10 is nice. I use it without to much trouble. However, I lost my CD read write drive. The computer says it is there. It is listed as available but it does not respond only opens and closes. Cortana gave me a line to put into the hard drive but it still does not work. I unhooked it then restarted the computer and hooked it up again, it still reads as a working system it just won't work. We are paying heavy taxes this year so I don't have cash for a techy to tell how to fix the glitch.

I also have Norton. On a chat site Norton has been blamed for disconnecting other peoples CD read write drives. I also had this trouble with a CD drive when I was using XP. I was using Norton at the time. That was in the early 2000's.

The only time the CD drive worked was when I was using windows 7.

I have to use Firefox as well, because Microsoft Edge does not work with WDC. I always had trouble with windows browsers. I used Chrome for a long time with XP. It is really my favorite but a virus raid took out my XP computer three times and I ceased to use Chrome because it was being attached by hackers so often.

Truly there are problems online. I believe they are related to and depend upon things other than the windows software. We have a group of people in our nation who dislike anything that is free. Since, I allowed Microsoft to put Windows 10 operating system up on my computer I have had people trying to charge me for a lot of things unnecessarily like updates for windows 10. Many people don't like Microsoft because it is so dominant. Some of the hacking may even originate from Redmond Microsoft corporation??

There is also problems in 2016 with people who regularly pick out certain people to run scams across their horizon. I'm one of the elderly, who people are trying to run financially into the ground. This is not my imagination. Our local news station has put out warnings on the news about telephone scams that come into my home on a daily basis.

Since some of these are robo calls and they are illegal I have reported some of the telephone numbers to "Do Not Call List" website. Which is a Government website. The calls stopped for awhile but then began again under different numbers.

What do they have to do with Microsoft and Windows 10?? Nothing, except some of the calls state that I lost my rights to all Microsoft products and Windows 10 will be shut down.?? It never happens and I am much more secure now online with Windows 10 , Norton, and Firefox constantly cleaning off attacks to the system. I came from velocity.net - to Verizon Wireless - to Hughes Net. With each change my security online became better.

I like windows 10's.notification system; occasionally I use Cortana for information; I like the notebook too; but, I have a lot of programs on it not related to Microsoft. Plus, they took off Media Player when they gave me Windows 10 then gave it back a few months later? I know quite a bit about hooking up hardware and installing software but still can't really fix the glitches as the software becomes more dated.

They are now running TV advertisements that say the newer model computers have better security. Like everyone can just run out and buy new whenever they want.

Go ahead ask me why this is happening to me? Other people have asked. I don't know!!! *Headbang* Anyway, I have shared enough to know it is not just me, it is the state of writers, researchers and legitimate online users, at least in the USA and maybe other countries as well. The Age of Information sharing is not happily pursued by everyone.

One of the prices of freedom, to bring everyone into the 21st century or whatever? *Laugh*




© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887649-Windows-10--software-not-allegory-or-numerology