*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887784-Picnic-amidst-adversity--dont-speak-it
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2000274
Simple stuff, really. Musing uncharacteristically challenged. BLog
#887784 added July 18, 2016 at 5:28pm
Restrictions: None
Picnic amidst adversity- don't speak it
I went to the company picnick with my family and I wasn't told one of my tickets had to go in the company bucket in order to get the prizes for employees so my name never got called to get a prize. After the names had all been drawn to go up and pick their prizes, they called out an 'oh, by the way', any who's name didn't get called, come up and pick from what was left. I didn't go, even though my wife obviously got mad at me. I still didn't go. Truth was, I was feeling nervous around so many people and I was feeling like I was going to puke. I didn't go up. This was my second picnic in nearly twenty years. I walked away with nothing as prizes go. That and a mad wife who hasn't hardly talked to me since. That was Saturday. Monday, today, they find out I didn't get a prize so they bring me out a really nice chair and a couple of gift cards. I am enjoying the silence so I don't think I will tell the wife just yet. Maybe come Christmas? Is this bad?
© Copyright 2016 Jimminycritic (UN: jimminycritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jimminycritic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887784-Picnic-amidst-adversity--dont-speak-it