*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887977-Always-Being-Right-Plans--Where-The-Energy-Goes
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#887977 added July 21, 2016 at 12:36pm
Restrictions: None
Always Being Right, Plans & Where The Energy Goes
30 Day Blogging Challenge


War Chest Wednesday! From a previous challenger...
Is there something wrong with always having to be right?


Yes. Living with someone who is like that is stifling in a way. They never make an rash moves.... researching until they are blue in the face before they buy something - yes, that can be a good thing, but it takes some of the fun out of shopping. The spontaneity is lost.

The real problems come when it is there way or the highway. You cannot win an argument... and even if you feel you are right they will not deem it as acceptable because they are never wrong. I have spent many years agreeing to disagree in my head.... knowing I am right yet letting him think he is... it keeps the peace.

In general, I find that always wanting to be right stifles the person because they are not open to alternative ways of doing things. Keeping an open mind is difficult for them and they steam roll over others.... that is an extreme case, but that is often the case as that person gets older they get more set in their ways. This makes getting along with others more of a challenge as well.

I have times when I have my ways and believe them to the right way... we all have bits and pieces of this... but I have found that I can bite my tongue and let things go if it will help the situation. That doesn't mean I let the other person rule completely... I just carve out areas for my own sanity. I have a tendency to restack the dishwasher or the cupboards if they bother me too much.... I can this my 'autistic tendency' as I work with children with autism and often see them focused on areas and having to get them just so.

Border for my personal use.


Blog City – Day 864


Prompt: Plan your work. Work your plan. Does this sound like a plan to you? Write about it.
I plan my work and work my plan, but I also try to stay flexible within the plan to let any unforeseen avenues unfold. Staying strictly on plan makes life unfofilling. There is no spontaneity, no interesting tangents. You miss opportunities that could have taken your life or the experience in a far better way.... or a more challenging way, but staying open allows for possibilities. Too much structure and things remain flat.... in writing and in life.

Border for my personal use.


Love Louder - Amplifying My Life


I have decided as part of my blog to comment on each of Preston Smiles's ways to Love Louder. He has written an intriguing little book or 33 Ways To Amplify Your Life. The full title is Love Louder: 33 Ways To Amplify Your Life.

Day 19 - Attention Goes Where Energy Flows: Focus Pocus
"Where your attention goes, energy flow. This means that what you focus on, you give life to. Your thoughts and feelings are literally a magnet, attracting to you what you put your attention on."

According to Preston Smiles, this principal applies to everything, even the things you don't want to have happen. Being in a situation, like a job interview, and thinking that you are not going to get it will draw that to you like a self fulfilling prophecy. But, it also works the other way as well - no matter what negativity you are experiencing, you can shift your thoughts, words, and actions toward the positive and you will attract more of that.
"Energy is neutral; it goes where you direct it. Therefore you get what you focus on."

I have a horrible time with interviews. I have been trying to get into the school board as a contract teacher for a long while. Interviews scare me and I let my nerves play in and destroy my chances. I did have one interview that went really well, but it was for the secondary school board, which I am not part of. I knew I was not going to get the position, as I was not on the 'right' supply list, so I let my worries go and rocked that interview. The principal loved me. He told me they needed more teachers like me... but he was unable to convince the school board to let me work for the six week position. I came away form that experience knowing I could do it.... so long as I did not let the worries of not getting the position cloud and hurt my chances of getting it.

By focusing on positive intention and outcome, I got incredible results.... now I just need to take that to my other interviews and rock them.... I would probably have a teaching position in no time....

Confusions said, "He who sys he can, and he who says he can't, are both usually right.". This means that your mind will always find a way to prove you right. So whatever you are focusing your thoughts on, the universe will match your reality.
Loving louder is about understanding that you are the artist of your life. No matter what happens, you have the power to shift your life by shifting where and what you put your attention on.

#LOVELOUDERCHALLENGE
What's one area of your life that you continue to experience negative results in?
Knowing that what we focus, we get more of, what subconscious thoughts do you believe have attracted these circumstances in your life?
What are the positive counter-thoughts you could focus on that would attract a new set of circumstances?





Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

** Image ID #1855238 Unavailable ** My owl signature from Gemini Gem. Winter trail scene

© Copyright 2016 πŸ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
πŸ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887977-Always-Being-Right-Plans--Where-The-Energy-Goes