*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887984-Raccoon-eyes-in-a-wheel-chair-with-Keanu-Reeves
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#887984 added July 21, 2016 at 12:37am
Restrictions: None
Raccoon eyes in a wheel chair with Keanu Reeves
The twenty first day of "30-Day Bloggers Group [13+]

The Wildcard Round!
What is the best (or worst) non-medical advice you've ever received for an injury or an illness?

Raccoon eyes or panda eyes is bilaterale periorbitale ecchymosis which means two dark rings around the eyes.



When I was seven or eight years old I played outside and fell with my head down on a wooden log and hurt my nose. It was a severe concussion and left a scar; my eyes were black for a few days. A friend of mine came to see me and told me “You have tattooed glasses on your face so your eyesight would be better from now on.” I thought it was rather funny. *BigSmile*

Day 1335: July 21, 2016
I got shiny new crutches yesterday that I have to use for 7 weeks, and I have a big batting, plaster, Ace wrap, and tape covered lower left leg. Interesting story, really, but I will leave that for my blog. But I want to hear of a time YOU were on crutches or were in a cast/splint. How did you injure yourself? Were you a kid or an adult? Can you laugh about it now that it's in the past (unless it is something you're still going through, in which case how are you coping?) If you've never been injured this way, what do you attribute that to?(BcoFs)

I remember this summer day in 1974, I was thirteen years old and very much in love with Bob, my high school sweetheart.



The family and I were about to go on holiday and that would mean three weeks without Bob. I was devastated. So I wanted to visit him once more before taking off on holiday the next day.

I rode my bike in a hurry, eager to be with my love and turned the corner into a dark alley. I didn’t see the loose gravel laying on the pavement but I felt it even more when I crashed bike and all to the ground. I had injured my right leg and ankle.

My parents hired a wheel chair and off we went on holiday. I remember me enjoying myself even less.

When we visited the zoo one day I stood up from my wheelchair every so often just to show the public that there was nothing wrong with me. I thought people looked at me funny, acting like I was a retard or something.

When back home after the holidays, I got the surprise of a lifetime: Bob broke up the relationship. I cried a lot those days.

My leg and my heart healed eventually.

Prompt: If you had a chance to sail the seven seas on a yacht for a year, who would you take with you? What countries would you stop to visit? Would it be a peaceful trip? Write about this anyway you want. (BC)

I would choose the Mediterranean Sea but the European side of it; I would stay away from the hot spots of turmoil like Turkey, Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Algeria, and Morocco. These days you can’t be too careful.



So I would visit Gibraltar, Spain, France, Montecarlo, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro, Albania, Greece, and six large islands: Majorca, Corsica, Sardinia, Sicily, Crete and Cyprus.

Me and Canadian actor, producer, director and musician Keanu Reeves would have a field trip.

I had a crush on Keanu from the day I watched the movie The Matrix Trilogy. I would visit obscure shops to obtain his earlier work on video and later on DVD.

I think I watched almost everything he ever featured in. The movies I loved the most were Point Break (1991), Speed (1994), The devil’s advocate (1997) and The Matrix (1999-2003).

I think I lust after his body AND his acting qualities. I’ll be frank about it. Keanu rocks!

** Image ID #2090839 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887984-Raccoon-eyes-in-a-wheel-chair-with-Keanu-Reeves