*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887996-Welcome-to-my-reality---Four--
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#887996 added July 21, 2016 at 3:14am
Restrictions: None
Welcome to my reality - Four -
"Welcome To My Reality Forum [E]

12. Write a bucket list of ten things you wish to experience before your lifetime ends. Why do you want to do these things? Have you done any of them yet?

1. Travel to New York City (plans for 2017) Love to experience this great capitol of one of the largest countries on earth.



2. Write my second thriller Pygmelion (started on epilogue) Have experienced the flow and the exhilaration of writing and finishing my first thriller that was lost during a house move; want to experience it again.

3. Publish Pygmalion. To see my name and writing in print is a dream of mine.

4. Commit to Writing.com for years to come (from June first 2016 onwards) I’ve never belonged to a club before, like Groucho Marx said: I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member. WdC is the exception to the rule.

5. Win the lottery (once in a while I buy a ticket) I am a sucker for the dream of having a large amount of money just once in my lifetime.

6. Stop smoking. (I started reading Allen Carr's Easy ways to stop smoking). Bad for health and a filthy habit I started when I was 17 y.o.

7. Fall in love again (At the moment no way) Would like to experience that again. It is very inspiring and an awesome feeling.

8. Go scuba diving on the Bahamas or another great exotic place. (I have had a licence but didn’t follow up on it, so it expired.) Want to dive the ocean once more.

9. Visit Gambia, Africa to see my foster child. (No money to travel) Would like to see Saikoe once in my life, since I only have pictures.

10. Visit family in Colorado, USA again. (No money to travel). Been there twice, was totally in love with USA from then on. *Heart*

13. What is your all-time favorite meal? Do you prepare it yourself, or eat out to have it?

One of my better receipts: Spinach with puffed pastry in the oven. Delicious. Very easy to make. This is a receipt for a large pastry of six servings.



1. Preheat oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with parchment (preferable) but you can use aluminum foil with a light spray of cooking oil.

2. Melt butter and cook onions for a few minutes, until soft. Add garlic and cook for another minute.

3. Beat eggs in medium bowl. Add cooked onion, spinach, feta, parmesan, bread crumbs. Add salt, pepper, & nutmeg. Mix well with fork.

4. Place one unfolded sheet of puff pastry on the parchment or sprayed aluminum foil. Spread the spinach mixture over the pastry, leaving a border of one inch all around the edges. Keep the spinach flat; do not pile high.

5. Brush the edges with the egg wash made with the last egg. Cover with the second sheet of pastry that has been slightly flattened with a rolling pin to one inch bigger than the first sheet. (This ensures all the spinach will be covered). Press edges together with fingertips or fork, making sure mixture is sealed well. Brush just the top with egg wash, careful not to drip any down the sides. Cut a few slits in the top with a sharp knife to allow steam to escape.

6. Bake 30-40 minutes, until golden brown. Can be served hot or at room temperature.
Serve with a fresh green salad and a glass of white wine. Yummy!

14. Who is your all time favorite author and why?

That would be Jonathan Kellerman, an American author of psychological thrillers featuring main character Alex Delaware, a psychologist and Milo the fat cop solving murders in and around LA. His wife Fay Kellerman is a famous published author too as is their son.



Jonathan Kellerman is an American psychologist, and Edgar and Anthony Award-winning author of numerous bestselling suspense novels. Jonathan has written 31 Delaware thrillers. I think I read most of them.

I love his suspense, and the fact that he and his main character are both psychologists. I am a former psychologist myself. He is very good in in-dept analysis. I would love to write a little bit like him, that would be awesome. Still a long, long way to go.

On Victims (2012): Not since Jack the Ripper terrorized the London slums has there been such a gruesome crime scene. By all accounts, acid-tongued Vita Berlin hadn’t a friend in the world, but whom did she cross so badly as to end up arranged in such a grotesque tableau? One look at her apartment–turned–charnel house prompts hard-bitten LAPD detective Milo Sturgis to summon his go-to expert in hunting homicidal maniacs, Alex Delaware. But despite his finely honed skills, even Alex is stymied when more slayings occur in the same ghastly fashion . . . yet with no apparent connection among the victims. And the only clue left behind—a blank page bearing a question mark—seems to be both a menacing taunt and a cry for help from a killer baffled by his own lethal urges.

Under pressure to end the bloody spree and prevent a citywide panic, Milo redoubles his efforts to discover a link between the disparate victims. Meanwhile, Alex navigates the secretive world of mental health treatment, from the sleek office of a Beverly Hills therapist to a shuttered mental institution where he once honed his craft—and where an unholy alliance between the mad and the monstrous may have been sealed in blood. As each jagged piece of the puzzle fits into place, an ever more horrific portrait emerges of a sinister mind at its most unimaginable—and an evil soul at its most unspeakable. “This one was different,” Alex observes at the start of the case. This one will haunt his waking life, and his darkest dreams, long after its end. (Goodreads.com)

© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887996-Welcome-to-my-reality---Four--