*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/888160-Fun-Fact-Friday-Weird-Talents-Wasting-Money
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#888160 added July 22, 2016 at 3:41pm
Restrictions: None
Fun Fact Friday: Weird Talents Wasting Money
Friday, July 22, 2016

"Lots of people know how to make money, but are not gifted in the art of preserving it. Frequently the same risk that was involved in making you rich is the same risk that can make you poor again."
Fred J. Young

The Fun Fact Friday prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
On this day in 1926, legendary baseball player Babe Ruth caught a baseball at Mitchell Field in New York. The ball had been dropped from an airplane flying at 250 feet. Have you ever done anything extraordinary that no one else you know has done? Or, do you have any kind of weird/unique talent that your friends can't do?

Have I ever done anything extraordinary that no one else I know has done? I suppose that depends on whether I've been abducted by aliens from another planet. If I have then I don't remember it, but I've had dreams about being kidnapped by extraterrestrials. Now all I have to do is were they just dreams or was I really kidnapped by aliens from another star system or galaxy. I'm not sure whether I'll ever find the answer to that questions, but it's nice to consider the possibility.


Speaking of weird talents, I went to school with a kid that could wiggle his ears. I don't know that he had any other special talent besides wiggling his ears. He wasn't all that good looking because he had a big nose and average looks. I also knew a girl who could wiggle her nose, she was nice looking. Not supermodel beautiful, but nice looking. I wonder what would happen if the guy who could wiggle his ears married the girl who could wiggle her nose. Would they produce children who could wiggle both their ears and nose? I wonder what evolutionary advantage could the ability to wiggle one's ears or nose give to a person?

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 866
How many things do you pay for, that you really don't need too? Have you thought about this?
http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/everydaymoney/12-dumb-things-we-pay-for-but-dont-...

Because I didn't move the car to the back of my apartment building twice in the last twelve months, I had to pay parking tickets because the car was parked in front of the building on Thursday when the street sweeper did its run on Sunrise Avenue. I didn't need to those tickets. Paying them took money from my account that I could use for something else, but I paid the tickets because it was my own fault that either myself or someone else didn't move the car.



© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/888160-Fun-Fact-Friday-Weird-Talents-Wasting-Money