*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/888087-Crazy-Friday-A-Flash-Fiction-Story
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#888087 added July 22, 2016 at 2:05am
Restrictions: None
Crazy Friday: A Flash Fiction Story
Friday, July 22, 2016

“A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?”
Albert Einstein

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for Day 1346
Let's play with the random word generator again and see where your muse takes you.
crazy, carriage, advertisement, slap, gravy, pinwheel and slap. Let's see where your mind takes you!

"Friday is always a crazy day," said Lilly as she stared out the kitchen window into the overgrown back yard. "Not insane crazy, but weird crazy." She poured coffee into a large mug with the message Don't Talk to Me Until I've Had Three Mugs of Hot Coffee. She picked up the mug and, while meandering aimless through the house, sipped her coffee. Finally, coming back into the kitchen, she filled the mug again and ambled into the dining room. There she placed the mug on the table and opened the sliding glass doors that led to the screen enclosed patio. Picking up the coffee she went onto the patio and sit down at the table.


"I supposed," she said as she watch a spider weave its web across the outside of the patio door. "I should spend the rest of the day doing yard work." Taking a large swig of coffee she stared at the oak tree in the far corner of the yard. Sitting on one of its branches was a blue jay. The bird looked down at the yard and then raised its head to fix an accusing eye on Lilly. "If I don't do something soon the neighbors are going to complain to the city about my yard being a fire hazard. "Oh well," she swallowed the last of the coffee. "I guess I can always hire a landscaper to do a little mowing." She got up and went back into the house.

In the kitchen, she poured the rest of the coffee into her mug, and then turned the coffeemaker off. Going around the stove top into the breakfast room, she placed the mug on the counter beside the old fashion dial telephone, and opened the yellow pages to Landscapers. She studied each advertisement carefully before deciding on The Yardman and dialing his number.

"Hello, this is Lilly Gravy, 2700 West Pinwheel Circle. I need someone to clean the weeds and stuff out of my backyard."

"I would like it done sometime before next Friday."

"Yes, send someone over to give me an estimate this afternoon. I will warn you right now that I haven't had the backyard mowed or weeded yet this year." Hanging up the phone she took a sip from her mug.

"What's that," she said as she heard a slap, crunch, slap reverberating from the dining room. "I must have left the sliding doors open again and something wild has came into the house." Picking up her coffee mug, she went into the dining room where she found a three foot tall creature with gigantic bare feet and tiny hands standing beside the oak dining table. In the creature's right hand was a small lead crystal carriage which cast rainbows across the room.

"Food!" The creature said placing the carriage on the table. "Bacon, eggs over easy, hash brown, toast, and coffee."

"Please, Mr. Whatever Your Name Is, have a seat at the table and I'll fix us some breakfast." Lilly went back into the kitchen to prepare the food.

© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/888087-Crazy-Friday-A-Flash-Fiction-Story