*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/888329-Fun-Fact-Friday-Dancing-Olympics--Becoming-vs-Revealing
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#888329 added July 24, 2016 at 10:24am
Restrictions: None
Fun Fact Friday, Dancing, Olympics & Becoming vs Revealing
Playing catchup today....

Blogs: 30 Day Blogging Challenge - July 22


Fun Fact Friday! On this day in 1926, legendary baseball player Babe Ruth caught a baseball at Mitchell Field in New York. The ball had been dropped from an airplane flying at 250 feet. Have you ever done anything extraordinary that no one else you know has done? Or, do you have any kind of weird/unique talent that your friends can't do?

I don't think I have done anything that no one else can do. I don't have any kind of wired or unique talent that my friends can't do. I can raise up one of my eyebrows and leave the other straight, but many people can do that... my friend Michelle can't.

30 Day Blogging Challenge - July 23


Creation Saturday! Invent a new dance move. Tell us in detail how to do it...does it include shoulders, hips, arms, knees, etc.? Feel free to add some music you'd show off your new moves to.

I am not feeling overly creative at the moment.... it is so hot and humid.... I am thinking, I don't want to move, let alone dance. So my dance is stationary. Standing in front of a large oscillating fan. Occasionally, I wave my arms up slowly to shoulder high then let them slowly fall back to my sides. This is repeated until I feel some semblance of cool.... which I fear will be never. There is no music to this... only the pulsating hum of the fan as it spins its blades.

Border for my personal use.


Blog City - Day 867

Hard to believe it's almost time for the summer Olympics. Where did the time go? What do you think about the Olympics being held in Rio? Is it really safe for the athletes with zika, or with the drug lords? Do you think there will be a terrorist action with the rising amount of violence lately in our world.

I think security will be high because of recent terrorist attacks around the world. Terrorists seem to thrive on large venues where many deaths are news worthy. The Olympics is going to be a target so they'll need to be on guard and vigilant. Zika is frightening, but I am sure precautions can be made. I would think each countries Olympic team would consider the situation and handle it in a way that keeps all their athletes and teammates out of harms way.

I am looking forward to the Rio Olympics. It will be interesting. A chance to show our Canadian pride and cheer for our athletes. It will also put something interesting on television.... when summer shows are all in reruns.

Border for my personal use.


Love Louder - Amplifying My Life

I have decided as part of my blog to comment on each of Preston Smiles's ways to Love Louder. He has written an intriguing little book or 33 Ways To Amplify Your Life. The full title is Love Louder: 33 Ways To Amplify Your Life.

Day 21 - Becoming Versus Revealing
"The question is not about becoming, the question is about revealing."

This means that we must stop looking elsewhere for the diamonds of our life. We must see the gems in ourselves. We sometimes "get blinded by what we think they're supposed to look like."

Smiles believes questions about getting rich or becoming more attractive are a trap.... because we end up chasing an elusive carrot that we never seem to attain. He also thinks that when we concentrate on having to become something, we miss the brilliance of who we are already. We are perfect right where we are; we are beautiful right now. We don't need to have anything else to BE amazing. The diamonds are within you. You must seek to reveal them.... not go beyond yourself to find something elusive.

#LOVELOUDERCHALLENGE
List off ten things right now that are amazing about YOU.
Over the course of the week repeat the mantra: I AM THE DIAMONDS.


1. I am caring and loving.
2. I am sensitive to the needs of others.
3. I am generous.
4. I write for self reflection and hope that my words touch others and help them in their own journey of life.
5. I am spiritually minded - connected to the greater good.
6. I am healthy.
7. I am mostly content with my life... even in this time of upheaval.
8. I am positive energy - trying to keep things light and carefree when others are stressing.
9, I am funny - I can laugh at myself and bring a smile to others with my sense of humour.
10. I am loyal and dependable.


When I read over this list I think.... I am a dog! Golden Retriever.



© Copyright 2016 ๐Ÿ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
๐Ÿ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/888329-Fun-Fact-Friday-Dancing-Olympics--Becoming-vs-Revealing