*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/888474-Gossip--Horror
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#888474 added July 26, 2016 at 3:11am
Restrictions: None
Gossip & Horror
The Twenty sixth day of "30-Day Bloggers Group [13+]

Talk Tuesday!
What's your take on celebrity gossip?

Frankly, I am not that interested or keen on gossip let alone celebrity gossip. I think it is a rather cheap way of doing journalism and although there is a market for it I don’t like it most of the time.



Celebrities are people like us and although it’s part of their job to be in the eye of the storm, they have their rights to privacy. Nowadays there are people who are plugged into being celebrities although it remains totally obscure what it is that they did that makes them that important. Most of the time it is nonsense so I am not bothered unless I am at the dentist, then I will read one of those gossip glossies.

It always reminds me of the terrible accident of Princess Diana of Great Britain in 1997 who was followed by paparazzi and was killed in a car crash in Paris, France. That’s what celebrity gossip is made of. To be ignored!

Prompt: The definition for xenophobia is: we tend to fear what we don’t know, and we exaggerate what we’re afraid of. I have the suspicion that the horror genre was born out of this type of exaggerated thinking. Do you agree? (BC)

Xenophobia is an unreasonable fear or hatred of foreigners or strangers or of that, which is foreign, or strange.



Horror is a genre of fiction, which is intended to, or has the capacity to frighten, scare, disgust, or startle their readers or viewers by inducing feelings of horror, terror and fear. The genre of horror has ancient origins with roots in folklore and religious traditions, focusing on death, the afterlife, evil, the demonic and the principle of the thing embodied in the person.

The brain tends to like horror because it kicks into the system. I personally am only fond of the more sophisticated, intelligent genre, like the work of Stephen King. Slash movies and the Nightmare on Elm street type of sequels with lots of gore and blood I don’t like. It’s too scary to my taste.

So Yes, I think that the horror genre is born out of exaggeration of our (primal) fears. I also think it is one of the most difficult genres to write.

The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown. H.P. Lovecraft.


Day THREE "Give It 100!

© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/888474-Gossip--Horror