*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/888539-Fighting-or-adjusting-to-the-winds-of-Life
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#888539 added July 27, 2016 at 7:53am
Restrictions: None
Fighting or adjusting to the winds of Life
The twenty seventh day of "30-Day Bloggers Group [13+]

If you were the wind, what type of wind would you be?

I would like to be the sea breeze. I love walking the beach and sitting on a wooden deck chair in the cool sea breeze. Living only 20 minutes by bike or bus from the shore would make that a favorite pass time but I hardly go there. It's on my bucket list for this summer.



Some family members live up north in Friesland where there is lots of water and good winds. They all sail and have their own boats. The summer of my seventeenth birthday, I took a sailing course in Friesland. It took me a week on a sailing camp. I passed the theory exam but I failed the practical exam. I had trouble with adjusting to the wind. Pity! But the story of my life. I always have had some trouble adjusting to the winds.

Prompt: Use this quote for inspiration to write a poem or story. I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination. Jimmy Dean. (BC)

It seems this is not a quote for me since I’ve always tried to change the direction of the wind in my life. Of corse, I had to find out the hard way that’s not the way to go about this. You have to adjust to the wind, not the other way around. It took me some time fighting the wind before I could go with the flow of it.



This is a quote for wise old people, when you are young, you don’t know. At least that was the case in my life. I’ve spent a lot of time and energy fighting with people and situations only to find out that is not the way. But it made me stronger. That’s for sure.

Prompt: "Youth is, after all just a moment but it is the moment, the spark that you always carry in your heart." Raisa Gorbachey Do you agree? Write about this. (BC)

I am not sure about this quote either. I think youth is just another phase in life. Now I am not thinking it particularly important. But maybe when you are at the end of your life you tend to look back and find that youth is a special period in time.



Youth is special to old people. When you are young yourself it can be a very difficult period. Many young people have difficulties with adjusting and finding their place in the realm of life. It’s by falling down and standing up again on your own two feet, you learn about life. It can be painful and a bitter experience. Only now, in my second wind, I am learning!

“You could not stop the winds and you could not stop Time. It went on and on,-and on.” ― Bess Streeter Aldrich


Day FOUR "Give It 100!

© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/888539-Fighting-or-adjusting-to-the-winds-of-Life