*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/888611-Life
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#888611 added July 28, 2016 at 6:45am
Restrictions: None
Life
The twenty eighth day of "30-Day Bloggers Group [13+]

Wildcard Thursday!
Bullying. Is there a place for it, and if so, why?

There is no place for bullying. I think it is one of the worst things that can happen to people, whether kids or adults. It is the thing that comes closest to warfare. It should be banned, root and all. In recent years, a series of bullying-related suicides in the US and across the globe have drawn attention to the connection between bullying and suicide.



Bully victims are between 2 to 9 times more likely to consider suicide than non-victims, according to studies by Yale University.

A study in Britain found that at least half of suicides among young people are related to bullying.

10 to 14 year old girls may be at even higher risk for suicide, according to the study above.

According to statistics reported by ABC News, nearly 30 percent of students are either bullies or victims of bullying, and 160,000 kids stay home from school every day because of fear of bullying (bullyingstatistics.org).

Prompt: "That it will never come again is what makes life so sweet." Emily Dickinson. How do you feel about this?(BC)

I have no way of telling if this is true or false, but sometimes I think that we are here for the long haul. That we as people come back numerous times in different bodies to learn from our past mistakes. It’s called Karma and it has to do with reincarnation. I sometimes believe in that because I think Life is about conservation of energy. Why set up this marvelous mechanism for the duration of one lifetime? Perhaps our souls travel through time in order to pass these stages of becoming, before entering the eternal bliss.



So I just moved into my very first apartment. Tell me about the first time you moved out on your own. (…) Use your creativity and paint the picture of what this looks like for your readers. (BCoFs)

One Thursday morning in 1979, I was seventeen and didn’t want to go to school that morning because we had a boring class of gymnastics. I got in a terrible, terrible fight over it with my mother, and I run away from home. I never went back. That fight was the end of a long and bad childhood period.



I went to my boyfriend’s family home, and slept there one night but we decided it was best for me to move to the house of friends. That family took me in for another couple of nights. One day I was telling my predicament to a girlfriend of the mother of my friends. She took it upon herself to offer me a very small room in her apartment. I think it was 16,5 square feet. That’s when I moved to my first real room outside the house. I had no money so she didn’t charge me anything until I had set up a financial plan. I stayed with her for almost one year until my boyfriend and I got our own apartment next door.

Fortunately, the relationship with my parents got better after a few years.

Day FIVE "Give It 100!(It's my birthday today, so drinks and cup cakes are on me.) *BigSmile*

© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/888611-Life