*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/888562-War-Chest-Wednesday-Wind-Sparks-of-Memory-Sailing
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#888562 added July 27, 2016 at 12:01pm
Restrictions: None
War Chest Wednesday: Wind, Sparks of Memory, Sailing
Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Portless in Time

Portless in time the wind blows!
The same wind
that scattered leaves in ancient Babylon
scatters leaves today.


Portless in time the sun shines!
The same sun
that warmed the garden in Eden
over heats the world today.

Portless in the the sea flows!
The same sea
that washed the shores of Gondwanaland
fouls international beaches today.

Portless in time the rain falls!
The same rain
that caused Noah's deluge
floods the world today.

The War Chest Wednesday prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
If you were the wind, what type of wind would you be?

If I were the wind, what type of wind would I be? My two favorite times of year (at this point in my life) are spring and autumn. I like spring because the wind always seems fresh. Spring winds carry the scent of gentle spring rains and new life pushing it way through the soil. In the desert it also carries the scent of flash floods in dry creek or river beds. Spring wind can either be destructive or constructive. I like the autumn wind because it carries the scent of both autumn rain and winter snow. Sometime in the mountains the snow come in the late autumn and the wind carries its aroma into the valley.


I am the east wind
blowing from dawn
I carry the breath
of spring on my wings

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for Day 871
"Youth is, after all just a moment but it is the moment, the spark that you always carry in your heart." Raisa Gorbachey
Do you agree? Write about this.

Yes, I think you always carry the moments and memories of youth with you. I also agree that a moment is a spark, which can be good or bad depending on the memories and how you handle them. The memories of youth can spark the warm fires of laughter and happiness. The memories of youth can also spark of forest fire of fear, hate, and self loathing. Youth is not always memories of rainbows and roses, sometimes these memories can be demons and the nether regions of hell. We carry both of these types of memories with us at all times and they come to the surface at the most inopportune times. We just have to learn to deal with both the good and bad memories without suppressing either.


The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1351
Use this quote for inspiration to write a poem or story.
"I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination." Jimmy Dean

While adjusting the set of my sails I came upon a pear of great price. In adjusting the set of my sail I discovered my spiritual path. I adjusted the set of may sails and now skim across the ocean of divine love following not the wind nor the tide but the beloved of my soul. Each day I strive to keep the sails adjusted to the horizon of faith. Each day I seek to discover the strength to make my journey through the storms and stresses of my life. Sometimes I sail in the huriacane's eye and sometimes, on a wind tossed sea, and sometime on an ocean smooth as glass. Always I seek to keep my sails set in the direction of the Divine Beloved.



© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/888562-War-Chest-Wednesday-Wind-Sparks-of-Memory-Sailing