*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/888632-GoT-Discoveries-Rabbit-Workshop--GoT-Final-Stretch
Rated: 18+ · Book · Contest Entry · #2087862
Life with Jody--former Soldier (medically retired), writer (in training), and lots more
#888632 added July 28, 2016 at 12:43pm
Restrictions: None
G.o.T. Discoveries, Rabbit Workshop, & G.o.T. Final Stretch
Howdy!

I've got yet more G.o.T. discoveries for you, my lovely fans!

I discovered the talented 🌑 Darleen - QoD and her entertaining story about a magical chocolate shop called, "Invalid Item

For your intellectual side, lazymarionette has some really interesting essays on how language affects us with "Invalid Item and "Invalid Item.

Jim Hall wrote a really funny newspaper style short story, "Santa Found Dead in North Pole Workshop

"Sam and the Summer that Wouldn't Quit is a really cute fable from Aesop.

I read a great story with a twist at the ending, "The Lab by Chris24.

Speaking of twists (which I LOVE), Atiqa Akbar wrote an interesting start to a novella (I'm assuming) with "BLOOD EYES, "BLOOD EYES , and "BLOOD EYES. It's a sort of Little Red Riding Hood meets Beauty and the Beast.

I really enjoy the sense of humor of kerrimiller in her short story "Young Fame Revoked about a teen trying to become famous by winning a contest.

Here's a really lovely letter from Jeannie to the military in "To a Brave American Soldier:. As a Soldier, I REALLY appreciated this letter!

SueVN wrote an adorable story called "Santa's Flyers about two of Santa's reindeer getting sick and him replacing them with elves on bikes. lol

Raising Rabbits Workshop

So, I went to a rabbit raising seminar thing last weekend. It was interesting. I learned a lot! For example, I didn't know rabbits were such escape artists. Several people said they've had rabbits out of their cage or pen, but they had no idea how it happened. They also said if we try to free range our rabbits, to have a top on the pen because rabbits can climb. Really? I had no idea!

One of the most amusing points of the workshop was when they were talking about cleaning their cages. One person said she used a blow torch on the cages a couple of times a year to kill germs and burn off all the excess fur and other stuff that gets stuck on the cages. But then we were told, almost as an after thought, "But be sure you take the bunnies out of the cage first. That's very important." Hahahaha! Okay, if that's not amusing, maybe you had to be there, but we all laughed.

This workshop on how to raise rabbits was put on by the Livestock Conservancy. https://www.LivestockConservancy.org I love them! They are helping to conserve breeds of farm animals that are at risk for extinction. If you think about it, the chickens we eat today are all white because we created these chickens from other chicken breeds. I don't really have a problem with us creating a new breed to suit our current needs, but these aren't the chickens we ate 100 years ago, so it's naive to think these are the chickens we'll be eating in 100 years. So, in order to be able to create whatever chickens we will need next, we need to keep some of all the breeds. It makes sense to me.

FYI, the chickens we eat now are white specifically because it's hard to get all the tiny little feathers off the skin, so if they're white, it's a lot harder to see them. It turns out we eat a lot of chicken feathers if we regularly eat the skin. I KNEW there was a reason I didn't like to eat chicken skin! lol

One of my favorite things about the seminar was getting to see and handle all the rabbits. I thought I wanted to have American Chinchilla rabbits, but they are the rarest breed of rabbit in the U.S. today. I didn't want to kill off the last of something, but they seemed easier to take care of than many of the other breeds. I got to pet and hold one. It turns out they're not as super soft as I was expecting, but they still were soft compared to a dog. They were just more like a cat or maybe a little softer. Anyway, I talked to several people and they all agreed that 'Am Chins' as they call them, would be a good rabbit for me. *Bigsmile* https://livestockconservancy.org/index.php/heritage/internal/americanchinchilla

I'll see if I can include a picture of me holding an American Chinchilla rabbit, but so far I haven't had good luck with including pictures, so we'll see...

Nope. For some reason, my brain and the WdC instructions on how to upload an image just aren't matching. I simply can't understand it. (For those of you who haven't read before, I have a minor traumatic brain injury from Iraq. I'm mostly functional, except for being able to drive, but it sometimes causes issues with comprehension and other things.)

G.o.T. Final Stretch!

I gotta say, I'm kind of glad we're in the final stretch of Game of Thrones. There are so many other things to do, but I either don't have time or I feel totally guilty doing them. I even feel bad about none of my writing challenges being 2000 words long this time. That was what I'd done for all the others because it got us more points, even if I didn't win. But I just thought the stories I did were good enough and I didn't want to ruin them by making them 2-4 times longer than they "should" be. But I STILL feel guilty about this. Yet, as far as I know, I'm the only one who has made an effort to make all my stories 2000 words long. Our leader is just more concerned with us simply turning something in. She doesn't care if I don't make them that long. But still...

Speaking of which, we have a GREAT leader! Ԝ€ß☆ԜiʈCH...I am Home! is awesome! She's SO sweet (she must be a good witch) and encouraging, not to mention SMART! *Smile* I'm VERY glad I'm on her team! She's a G.o.T. GENIUS! I should send her a Leadership MB. Okay, DONE! *Smile* Actually, I think I'll get everyone on my team a MB. I wanted to be sure I'm sending out as many as I'm receiving. I'm behind. Update: Okay, I've sent one to ALMOST everyone on my team. But two members have already received one from me recently, so I have to find someone else to send them. *Pthb* I've actually got several things that need folks to send them...2 badges and two awardicons. I've asked some folks to help out, but haven't heard back yet. (Yes, I'm giving them the GPs. I'm just asking them to do the work. *Smile* )

Alrighty folks, I need to get back to my G.o.T. reviews! Adios and TTFN!

© Copyright 2016 Schnujo is Late to Lannister (UN: schnujo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Schnujo is Late to Lannister has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/888632-GoT-Discoveries-Rabbit-Workshop--GoT-Final-Stretch