*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/888704-Fun-Fact-Friday-School-and-Helping-in-Crisis
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#888704 added July 29, 2016 at 12:17pm
Restrictions: None
Fun Fact Friday: School and Helping in Crisis
Friday, July 28, 2016

 Fractured Nursery Rhymes  (13+)
Complete the previous fractured nursery rhyme line with line that rhymes.
#2068539 by Prosperous Snow celebrating

The Fun Fact Friday prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
On this day in 1773, the first schoolhouse to be located west of the Allegheny Mountains was built in Schoenbrunn, Ohio. What's one of your fondest memories from the early days of your schooling?

What is my fondest memories from my early schooling? I liked walking to and from Washington Elementary in Blackwell, Oklahoma. At that time I lived at 1119 West College Avenue and the elementary school was located on South 6th Street. The school covered the entire block between West College and West Lincoln Avenue and South 6th and South 7th Street. The Elementary school itself is now closed, but the building is still there. It's now called Washington Center Elementary School. I looked at a picture of the location. The building looks the same as it did when I went there, but the lawn around the school is greener then I remember. I remember the play ground being an unfenced dirt lot on the west side of the school. The picture also shows trees growing near the building; I'm trying to remember if there were trees growing there when I went to school. I think there might have been a couple of trees.


I walked to and from elementary school through rain, snow, and sun. I enjoyed the walk because I was walking with my siblings and friends. Mom always dressed us appropriately for the weather, but on rainy days we still came home wet because we played jump in the mud puddle and splash the water and/or mud on yourself or whoever was closest to you.

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 873
What's the best way to help someone when they are having a crisis? Your input matters. Is it more important to pitch right in, or better to offer solutions and let them resolve it their own way. Where do you draw the line at meddling.

The best way to help someone in crises is to ask what you can do to help. Let those in crises know you are there for them and that they can count on you for emotional support. People in crises need emotional support first and then other types of support. Sometimes the don't want to tell you what the need because it's financial. Many people feel shame in asking for help, especially financial help. Sometimes the only thing they want is someone to talk to so that they can find solutions. Sometimes the only thing a person can do in these cases is just to be a friend.



© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/888704-Fun-Fact-Friday-School-and-Helping-in-Crisis