*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889137-Pit-Bulls-Friends-and--Antibiotics
by River
Rated: ASR · Book · Comedy · #2090787
Getting to know me.
#889137 added August 3, 2016 at 1:44pm
Restrictions: None
Pit Bulls, Friends, and Antibiotics
BCOF Insignia

DAY 1358: August 3, 2016
Prompt: I took a short walk around my neighborhood and saw... Tell me what your or your character saw.


I took a short walk around my neighborhood and saw a young woman walking her dog. The dog was a Pit Bulls. As I approached, she snapped her fingers and the dog immediately sat down. He was a beautiful animal so calm and well trained. I asked her what the dog's name was and asked permission to speak to him. “His name is Oliver and yes, you may speak to him, he's very friendly and loves meeting new people.” I looked at the dog and said, “Hello Oliver, how are you today?” He put one paw up for a high five, I laughed as I high fived him back. The young woman's eyes filled with tears. I asked her to sit down with me on a nearby bench.
I learned her name was Jesse and she was distressed because of Pit Bulls ban in parts of Quebec; Pit bulls are banned in Desbiens, parts of Montreal, Sherbrooke, Saint-Jean-Sur-Richilieu, Chapais, Ville St. Laurent, Kirkland, Outremont, Châteauguay and Saint Genevieve. Other towns across Quebec are planning to make this a law, including our town.

What this means for Jesse is her beloved pet will be taken from her and put down.
It's not the Pit Bulls' fault. I remember seeing one dog chained, her whole life in the scorching sun, if she got any attention at all, her owner kicked her on his way by because she'd knocked over her empty water bowl. Her ignorant owner had never brushed or bathed her, or taken her to the vet even to get her shots. And never a kind word to the poor old girl. One day she broke loose and attacked her owner who in return beat her to death. I know Pit Bulls that are good, loyal, dogs, but they had good, responsible owners. The owner makes all of the difference.

Wednesday, August 8, 2016
Pit Bulls, Friends, and Antibiotics


Friends
I'm looking forward to a visit from my friend this evening. She has been away on vacation so tonight I'll hear all the highlights of her trip as we have our regular 'Coffee and Calories Wednesday.' Rhodie is what I envision when I hear the phrase True and loyal friends. (Is that even a phrase? I guess I could say we're BFFs in *Facebook* speak. It's me she comes to when she needs comfort, a hug, or needs to vent. I listen, make suggestions, share my wisdom, but always tell her the truth. She does the same for me. We're there for each other.
I know she'll always stand by my side when the going gets rough, she'll do or give me what I need whatever the circumstances and I'll do the same for her. There is no talk of payback even when we do a lot for each other. That is just how we are. To me, that's what real friends are.

Catch up Week
I'm so far behind. I can't do it in a day so this will be catch up week. I'm on antibiotics again and so hopefully, I'll have a bit more energy I'm going to need it! *FacePalm* This morning I did a bit of housework and wrote this blog entry... well that's a start.

It's almost noon and my daughter will be popping in with our lunch. I think after that I'm going to take a nap.

River *Heart*

© Copyright 2016 River (UN: riverbedwriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
River has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889137-Pit-Bulls-Friends-and--Antibiotics