*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889288-Pushed-in-Aquarium-and-Zoo
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#889288 added August 5, 2016 at 11:43am
Restrictions: None
Pushed in Aquarium and Zoo


Aug 5th-- Today you have fielder's choice:

Enjoy a fun-filled day at Port Aventura near Barcelona, one of Europe’s largest theme parks. Wind your way through this adventure playland’s numerous water and thrill rides, shows and attractions, all spread across five distinct zones, plus countless restaurants and the family-friendly ‘Sesame Street’ area. Take an adrenaline-pumping ride aboard the park’s many rollercoasters, try out its heart-pumping accelerator attraction (the world’s fastest). The choice is yours. Your excursion includes transport to the park from Barcelona and admission. Highlights Day trip to PortAventura theme park from Barcelona Explore one of Europe’s largest theme parks at your own pace Visit the park’s different zones: Mediterrània, the Far West, Mexico, China and Polynesia Keep the kids entertained in SésamoAventura where their favorite Sesame Street characters can be seen Take an exhilarating ride on Europe’s tallest rollercoaster – the Shambhala Round-trip coach transport f
rom Barcelona included

Hop a train 7am 4 hour ride.

Quote for the Day: "I love theme parks but I'm a real chicken on rides. I'd rather invent scary rides for my books than go on them for real."
R. L. Stine


I skipped the nude beach. Just wasn't for me.

Although I visited the Port Aventura. I walked around and took pictures of some of the fantastic rides to remind me of this trip event. I was not up for this type of entertainment today. After the long night dancing and exceptional days exploring in Spain I opted to return to the Hotel and take some tours that were more calming to my nature.

I informed Lyn where I would be since she is trying to keep track of all the wayward adventurers. I left a message at the front desk in case any one would like to join me.

The aquarium is only 0.7 miles from the Grand Marine Hotel. The desk clerk was very helpful to give me walking directions to the aquarium although I could have taken a bus or taxi. I have a travel Card which I purchased which gives me entry into many sights of the city as well as transportation to my destinations.

Can you believe it? I’ve never been to an aquarium. The aquarium uses 1,700,000 gallons of water in their aquarium tanks. They house 11,000 animals and 450 species. I saw sharks and rays swimming around while I walked through the 80 meter long underwater tunnel. Imagine the lbs. of water pressure on that tunnel.

Jellyfish and Wake up and Live-into summer, showed up we walked all over the Aquarium. So, many beautiful fish: Plerois volitons, Gelbis fisch und Seetem, red starfish with purple markings, Queen Angelfish that was yellow with purple markings. Pacific cleaner shrimp and live penguins. Among their residents they have one of the largest Equanas I have ever seen in captivity. Just watching the fish swim was restful. I bought a book about pacific saltwater fish species from the shop. I will mail it home from the Hotel so it won’t add any weight to my pack.

Next,we caught a bus from the front of the aquarium to the Parc Zoological. Which is only 0.6 miles from the Grand Marine. Zoos around the world are constantly upgrading their habitats as money becomes available. This zoo is located in the Parc Ciutadelia. There are beautiful botanical gardens, fountains, buildings, and sculptures in the Parc.

Many of the creatures here have better medical care and are free from the danger of poachers than they would be in a forest or jungle home.
The zoo foundation gives out grands every year for the study of wild creatures. It has a program of conservation and promotes animal welfare. This particular zoo also holds an event called Dream night for children with chronic disease and disabilities.

I took bread, cheese, olives, ham slices, and fruit juice which I enjoyed in the picnic area. Where I met and talked with a family whose children were excited about seeing the elephants. As I walked through the exhibits I saw tigers, monkeys, elephants, giraffes, flamingos, parrots and other exotic animals. At the zoo shop I purchased a T-shirt with the zoo logo.

Later I walked around some of the shops near the hotel where I purchased a nice pair of linen slacks that will be cool to walk around in as we travel.

In the evening I took the bus to the Placa de la Barceloneta 6 to eat dinner at Can Ganassa. They serve many fine Spanish dishes on a small outside terrace. It was a very peaceful early meal.

I spent awhile on the Hotel terrace enjoying my book of Fishes then retired for an early sleep so I will be ready for departure at 7 a.m. I can catch up on some of the other adventures people in group experienced on tomorrows train.

Refereneces:

https://www.widipedia.org
https://www.a-zquotes.com






© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889288-Pushed-in-Aquarium-and-Zoo