*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890008-Mozart-Haydn-and-witches
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#890008 added August 16, 2016 at 4:01pm
Restrictions: None
Mozart, Haydn and witches
FIFTEENTH day of backpacking across Europe with "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS [13+]

It’s Salzburg, so it’s Mozart time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWi3VVwz0vQ



And Haydn time, we visit Esterházy Palace and meet with Princess Maria Theresia of Thurn and Taxis (1794–1874) https://laurengilbertheyerwood.wordpress.com/2013/03/18/princess-esterhazy-the-b... She was apparently dark, plump, pretty and lively. Countess Lieven (later Princess) described her as “small, round, black, animated and spiteful”.

The Renaissance is a period in Europe, from the 14th to the 17th century, regarded as the cultural bridge between the Middle Ages and modern history. It started as a cultural movement in Italy in the Late Medieval period and later spread to the rest of Europe, marking the beginning of the Early Modern Age. I wish to become a Renaissance woman when I grow up. *BigSmile* Described as a person with many talents or areas of knowledge.

Haydn and Mozart were friends:

“If only I could impress Mozart's inimitable works on the soul of every friend of music, and the souls of high personages in particular, as deeply, with the same musical understanding and with the same deep feeling, as I understand and feel them, the nations would vie with each other to possess such a jewel.” (Haydn on Mozart)

High esteem for true merit, and regard for the individual, influenced his judgment of works of art. He was always very touched when he spoke of the two Haydns or other great masters. (Mozart on Haydn)

We go to Moosham Castle located near Salzburg. It dates back to the 13th century. Built by the Prince-Bishops of Salzburg, Moosham has a strange and sinister past.

100s of witches were beheaded within the walls of this castle. It is said some still haunt this Austrian fortress, which is run as a museum today. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbEA_LWl0yE I felt "Invalid Item today.

Then we eat, we talk and we sleep. It’s been a good day.

Prompt: August 15 is Best Friends Day. Celebrate best friends day by writing a poem or tribute to your best friend. (BCoFs)

On K.



On August 15 I celebrate my friend. She is the Mother Theresa in my life. Always keen to provide, nurture and smile. When in trouble she is there; when in need of a meal she is everywhere. Here place is a refuge for friends, misfits and foe. We go to the movies every other week and peak into our own lives or that of close by. She is gifting me with a trip to New York City next year. I am in her debt. This Sunday she organized a picnic in the park. It was a huge success with chatter and food in the sun. A hon of a girl, a sweet lady, a priceless gem.

Prompt: “Always be a poet, even in prose’” Charles Baudelaire. Are you getting Baudelaire’s drift? Does your prose turn poetic always, at times, or rarely? (BC)

I would like to think my prose turns into poetic language at times. Not always, not rarely, but some times when I am focusing.



I feel I am a poet first, a writer later. Being a poet has something to do with a way of life. It’s the way I approach things philosophically, the way I digest things, the way I breathe. I have started a new blog on poetry, next to this one. Check it out! "Invalid Item .

Day TWENTY THREE "Give It 100!


© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890008-Mozart-Haydn-and-witches