*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890076-Prague-portals-and-drama-queens
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#890076 added August 16, 2016 at 2:38am
Restrictions: None
Prague, portals and drama queens
SIXTEENTH day of backpacking across Europe with "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS [13+]

Prague: one of the most beautiful cities in Europe, for sure. It brings back bittersweet memories of NOT going when I was seventeen. It was on the morning before we SHOULD travel to Prague with my high school class that I quarreled with my mom and run away from home. My classmates went; I never did but started my biggest adventure of my lifetime.



So I am glad to have the chance to visit now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRI8ffYKA8c

Prague is the city of Franz Kafka, a writer whom I love: Prague never lets you go… this dear little mother has sharp claws –Franz Kafka. So I visit the Franz Kafka museum, small and dark but a MUST SEE for me as a writer.

The Wish to be a Red Indian
by Franz Kafka
Translated by Willa and Edwin Muir

If one were only an Indian, instantly alert, and on a racing horse, leaning against the wind, kept on quivering jerkily over the quivering ground, until one shed one's spurs, for there needed no spurs, threw away the reins, for there needed no reins, and hardly saw that the land before one was smoothly shorn heath when horse's neck and head would be already gone.

The rest of the day, you can find me in GLOBE, the largest English bookstore in Prague. *BigSmile*

Founded in 1993, the Globe Bookstore and Café is Prague’s first and best English language bookstore with a lively and trendy café that offers delicious coffee, cocktails and some of Prague’s best home cooking with great burgers, salads, pastas and other favorites and a full American brunch menu on the weekends. The Globe Bookstore is expat Prague’s literary epicenter that provides a unique meeting place for artists, writers, students and travelers. The café also regularly hosts literary readings, movies, live music and other special and top sporting events; while the bookstore offers a wide selection of approximately 10,000 handpicked quality titles that will impress even the most learned reader.

I’ll stay until HAPPY HOUR, and then I must hurry to catch the group for dinner at the boat. We have a wonderful buffet meal and I have to chat with some of the co-travelers I didn’t have a chance to talk to earlier.

"Prague. Praha. The name actually meant "threshold". Pollina had said the city was a portal between the life of the good and … the other. A city of dark magic, Alessandro had called it." Author: Magnus Flyte.


After a long, hard day of work, you return home—the only problem is, your front door is wide open, all your lights are on and there's a sword stuck in the ceiling. The rest of your house looks normal, but you also notice several holes dug in your backyard. What's going on? (BcoFs)

Nothing is wrong really, they are my new neighbors. They are the Good knights of Whatyamecallit. They dig holes because they think those are the portals to be transferred back in time to where they came from. Until then they are stuck at number two next-door. I’ll better go visit them now with some coffee and cookies, to calm them down.



Prompt: If you haven't said or done anything intentionally to hurt someone, are you responsible when they feel hurt by what you said or did? And what do you think about the people who act hurt when there is nothing for them to feel hurt about? (BC)

No, definitely not. I am not responsible for other people’s feelings. They are their owns. They have the right to their own personal emotional outlet. It has nothing to do with me. And I have no patience with those acting feeling sorry for themselves when there is nothing going on. Drama queens! Grow up!



Day TWENTY FOUR "Give It 100!


© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890076-Prague-portals-and-drama-queens