*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890038-Motivational-Monday-An-Example-of-Investigating-Reality
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#890038 added August 15, 2016 at 5:48pm
Restrictions: None
Motivational Monday: An Example of Investigating Reality
Monday, August 15, 2016

The first teaching of Baha’u’llah is the duty incumbent upon all to investigate reality. What does it mean to investigate reality? It means that man must forget all hearsay and examine truth himself, for he does not know whether statements he hears are in accordance with reality or not.
‘Abdu’l-Bahá

I made the mistake of answering the phone this morning. I didn't intend to answer the phone, but the same long distance number kept calling and calling and calling. I answered the phone and it was a person with an accent telling me the government wanted to give me a $9,000.00 grant. I presume its the United States government because I live in the U.S. The person on the other end gave the impression it was the U.S. government. I suspect it's a con. I told the person I didn't give out my bank account number over the phone and hung up. Then he called back and told me I could pick up the money at a CVS pharmacy using my identification. I suspect it's a con. My gut feeling tells me it's a con, but a part of my mind tells me it could be on the up and up.


I hung up the second time. If the person call me back again and I decide to answer the phone. I'll get a little more information about the government agency giving this grant, which I didn't apply for. I'm not sure what other questions to ask. I suppose I should as for an employee ID number. I admit that I need the money. It's tempting to say yes and go to the CVS to pick up the money; however, I'm not sure that the CVS pharmacies has the ability to take money grams or anything else.

Someone with the same spiel, but from another number, just called me from the U.S. Government Grants department. I didn't know the United States government had a grants department. If it does then I'm sure I'd have to apply for a grant because all the grants I've ever investigated have enough paperwork to decimate the South American rain-forest. Anyway this second person hung up on me when I said I'd been through this before. I have other things to do besides talk to people who think because a person is over 60 years old they are senile. I'm not senile and I don't have dementia, although I may sound like it when I'm talking to one of these bastards over the phone.

I'm over my rant. Contemplating this incident I realize that this is a good example of something a person should investigate herself in order to come to the truth. Therefore, I will Google U.S. Grants Department to see if it exists. Then I will check out the grants, if the U.S. Grants Department exists, to see if they have grants to pay my bills which is what to two guys on the phone said it was for.

© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890038-Motivational-Monday-An-Example-of-Investigating-Reality