*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890116-Beware-the-Sword-in-the-Ceiling
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#890116 added August 16, 2016 at 5:14pm
Restrictions: None
Beware the Sword in the Ceiling
Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Life on Mars  (ASR)
Written for Musical Drabble
#2093560 by Prosperous Snow celebrating

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1371
After a long, hard day of work, you return home—the only problem is, your front door is wide open, all your lights are on and there's a sword stuck in the ceiling. The rest of your house looks normal, but you also notice several holes dug in your backyard. What's going on?

A sword in the ceiling
I've got a bad feeling
about what happened here.

I should have suspected problems when I returned home to find the front door open. However, being the eternal optimist, I decided to ignore the gut feeling that said dial 911 and request the presence of both the SWAT and the K-nine team before entering the house. I walked through the front door, looked up at the ceiling and saw the sword stuck there. At that point, I should have called my rental agent or the police. I purposely ignored the gut feeling again because I wasn't sure precisely how to explain the presence of the sword in the ceiling. If the sword had been a movie prop then there wouldn't have been a problem, but the sword looked real and sharp. I'm sure movie props aren't real or sharp.


I went into the bedroom and looked out the back window. There were holes dug in the courtyard of my apartment building. They were deep holes. Holes too deep to be dug by Chena, the Chihuahua, Millie, the American Bulldog, or Charlie, the Pit Bull. The holes were too deep to have been dug by someone with a shovel. They must have been dug by someone with either a post hole digger or a backhoe. I'm thinking it was a backhoe. Taking a deep breath, I turned around, walked back through my apartment and exited the building.

Once outside, I got out my smartphone and dialed Channel 3. "You need to send a news crew to 2108 Sunrise Ave. Something really weird is going on here." We made the evening new for something other then a shooting on the block.



© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890116-Beware-the-Sword-in-the-Ceiling